The Atlanta Braves (66-46) and the Miami Marlins (50-61) meet on Friday at 6:40 PM ET. The Braves are favored on the moneyline (-143) against the underdog Marlins (+122). Atlanta has Jake Odorizzi starting things off, while Miami will send out Pablo Lopez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Friday, August 12, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves rank second in baseball with 170 home runs. They average 1.5 per game.
- The Braves’ .250 batting average is ninth-best in MLB.
- The Braves are 14th in the league with an on-base percentage of .314.
- The Braves’ 9.3 strikeouts per game are the second-most in the league.
- The Braves have hit 81 homers away from home this season (1.5 per game).
- The Braves have a .437 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.6 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .245 on the road this season.
Braves Key Batters
- Austin Riley has 129 hits and an OBP of .358 to go with a slugging percentage of .590. All three of those stats are tops among Atlanta hitters this season.
- Among all qualified batters in baseball, Riley’s batting average ranks 21st, his on-base percentage ranks 33rd, and he is fourth in slugging.
- Riley hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .304 with a double, a triple, a home run and five RBI.
- Matt Olson has 36 doubles, 21 home runs and 56 walks while batting .248.
- Among all qualified hitters, Olson ranks 93rd in batting average, 62nd in on-base percentage and 28th in slugging percentage.
- Olson enters this matchup looking to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with three walks and two RBI.
- Dansby Swanson has 128 hits this season and has a slash line of .294/.348/.463.
- Swanson has recorded a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .208 with two doubles, a home run and four RBI.
- Marcell Ozuna has been key for Atlanta with 86 hits, an OBP of .264 plus a slugging percentage of .395.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins have hit 101 homers this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- The Marlins’ .235 batting average ranks 23rd in the league this season.
- The Marlins have an OBP of just .298 this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Marlins rank 18th with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- In 51 games at home this season, they’ve hit 44 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- They are slugging .377 in 51 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .239 with 7.8 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Jesus Aguilar has racked up a slugging percentage of .389, a team-best for the Marlins.
- Aguilar is 108th in batting average, 137th in on-base percentage and 111th in slugging percentage among all qualified batters in the majors.
- Miguel Rojas has 14 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 21 walks while batting .231.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Rojas’ batting average puts him 120th, his on-base percentage ranks 139th, and he is 138th in slugging.
- Garrett Cooper has 86 hits with a .349 on-base percentage, leading the Marlins in both statistics.
- Joey Wendle is batting .262 with 13 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 11 walks.
Braves vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers