Table of Contents
Austin Hays sits at 98 hits this season, and will try to collect his 100th when his Baltimore Orioles (58-53) take on the Tampa Bay Rays (58-52) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. The Orioles are the underdog (+129) in this contest against the Rays (-152). Tampa Bay’s Corey Kluber starts against Baltimore’s Austin Voth.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Friday, August 12, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 24th in baseball with 99 total home runs .
- The Rays have the 20th-ranked batting average in the majors (.238).
- The Rays rank 22nd in baseball with a .307 on-base percentage.
- The Rays’ 8.9 strikeouts per game rank 23rd in the league.
- The Rays average 0.9 homers per home game this season (51 total at home).
- The Rays are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .384 at home.
- At home this season the team averages 7.6 hits per game and is batting .235.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay in OBP (.390) this season, fueled by 93 hits.
- Diaz ranks 43rd in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage, and 111th in slugging among all qualifying hitters in baseball.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in slugging percentage (.422) thanks to 39 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters, Arozarena’s batting average ranks him 73rd, his on-base percentage 99th, and his slugging percentage 77th.
- David Peralta leads Tampa Bay with 79 hits. He is batting .254 this season and 35 of his hits have gone for extra bases.
- Peralta takes a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .300 with three doubles, a walk and four RBI.
- Isaac Paredes has 14 home runs, 31 RBI and a batting average of .217 this season.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles’ 115 home runs rank 15th in Major League Baseball.
- The Orioles have a team batting average of .237 this season, which ranks 22nd among MLB teams.
- The Orioles have an on-base percentage of .306 this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- The Orioles rank 19th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 whiffs per contest.
- In 57 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 63 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They are slugging .396 in 57 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .234 with eight base hits per contest.
Orioles Key Batters
- Cedric Mullins has accumulated a slugging percentage of .391, a team-best for the Orioles.
- Including all qualifying players in the majors, Mullins ranks 61st in batting average, 88th in on-base percentage and 105th in slugging percentage.
- Mullins hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Anthony Santander has collected 100 hits with a .339 on-base percentage to pace his team in both.
- Santander is currently 69th in batting average, 59th in on-base percentage and 40th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Hays is hitting .261 with 24 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 23 walks.
- Ryan Mountcastle is hitting .259 with 24 doubles, 15 home runs and 25 walks.
Rays vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers