Table of Contents
Luis Robert sits at 99 hits this season, and will try to get his 100th when his Chicago White Sox (56-56) play the Detroit Tigers (43-70) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. The White Sox are favored (-220) over the Tigers (+181). Chicago’s Michael Kopech gets the start against Detroit’s Daniel Norris.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Friday, August 12, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 25th in MLB action with 98 total home runs.
- The White Sox rank fifth in the majors with a .257 batting average.
- The White Sox’s .310 on-base percentage is 19th in the league.
- The White Sox strike out 7.8 times per game, the seventh-best mark in baseball.
- The White Sox have hit 49 home runs at home this season (0.9 per game).
- The White Sox have a .375 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .247 at home this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu leads Chicago in OBP (.374), slugging percentage (.463) and OPS (.837) this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, Abreu’s batting average ranks 18th, his on-base percentage ranks 14th, and he is 35th in slugging.
- Abreu will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is batting .318 with a double.
- Andrew Vaughn has 102 hits, which leads Chicago batters this season. He’s batting .297 with 34 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying batters, Vaughn is 21st in batting average, 43rd in on-base percentage and 32nd in slugging percentage.
- Robert has 99 hits this season and has a slash line of .298/.333/.452.
- Robert brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last nine games he is hitting .371 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and seven RBI.
- A.J. Pollock has been key for Chicago with 73 hits, an OBP of .284 plus a slugging percentage of .348.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers’ 66 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .226 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .282.
- The Tigers rank 24th with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- In 55 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 31 homers, an average of 0.6 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .311 in away games this season with 116 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging seven base hits per game and batting .211 on the road this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has totaled 83 hits, a team-best for the Tigers.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Baez’s batting average places him 132nd, his on-base percentage is 145th, and he is 117th in slugging.
- Jonathan Schoop has 18 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 15 walks while hitting .204.
- Schoop’s batting average ranks 145th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 148th, and he is 140th in slugging.
- Harold Castro is batting .287 with 15 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 13 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .204 with 11 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 21 walks.
White Sox vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers