Table of Contents
Julio Rodriguez is just one hit away from his 100th of the season as his Seattle Mariners (61-52) ready for a matchup against the Texas Rangers (49-62) on Friday at 8:05 PM ET. The Mariners are favored (-167) over the Rangers (+142). George Kirby takes the mound first for Seattle, and Josh Sborz is Texas’ pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Friday, August 12, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners are 12th in baseball with 126 total home runs.
- The Mariners have the 25th-ranked batting average in the majors (.231).
- The Mariners rank 14th in the league with an on-base percentage of .314.
- The Mariners strike out 8.5 times per game, the No. 20 mark in the league.
- The Mariners average 1.2 home runs per road game this season (66 total on the road).
- The Mariners are slugging .389 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club averages eight hits per game and is batting .235 away from home this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Ty France leads Seattle with an OBP of .367, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .461.
- Among the qualified hitters in baseball, France’s batting average ranks 18th, his on-base percentage ranks 18th, and he is 37th in slugging.
- Rodriguez leads Seattle with 99 hits. He is batting .271 this season and has 39 extra-base hits.
- Rodriguez is 47th in batting average, 68th in on-base percentage and 25th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- J.P. Crawford has collected 97 base hits, an OBP of .331 and a slugging percentage of .354 this season.
- Jesse Winker has 11 home runs, 42 RBI and a batting average of .229 this season.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers have hit 137 homers this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- The Rangers’ .239 batting average ranks 19th in the league this season.
- The Rangers have an on-base percentage of .302 this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- The Rangers are one of the least disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking 26th with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- In 54 games at home this season, they’ve hit 67 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .390 in home games this season with 139 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.8 base hits per game and batting .234 as a team at home this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Corey Seager has 104 hits with a .330 on-base percentage, leading the Rangers in both categories.
- Including all qualified players, Seager is 80th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 75th and he is 31st in slugging.
- Seager heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Marcus Semien has 18 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 39 walks while batting .240.
- Semien is 108th in batting average, 125th in on-base percentage and 93rd in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Adolis Garcia is hitting .252 with 21 doubles, four triples, 19 home runs and 28 walks.
- Nate Lowe is slugging .455 to pace his team.
Mariners vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers