Table of Contents
Nolan Arenado takes a two-game home run streak into the St. Louis Cardinals’ (61-50) matchup against the Milwaukee Brewers (60-50). The Cardinals are moneyline favorites (-120) for this outing against the Brewers (+100), which begins at 8:15 PM ET on Friday at Busch Stadium. Jordan Montgomery starts for St. Louis while Milwaukee will counter with Eric Lauer.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Brewers
- Game Day: Friday, August 12, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 11th in baseball with 128 total home runs .
- The Cardinals rank sixth in MLB with a .254 batting average.
- The Cardinals rank sixth in the league with an on-base percentage of .325.
- The Cardinals strike out 7.7 times per game to rank sixth in the league.
- The Cardinals have hit 64 home runs at home this season (1.2 per game).
- The Cardinals have a .424 slugging percentage and are averaging three extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .256 at home this season.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis with 131 hits and an OBP of .415, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .615.
- Among the qualifying hitters in the majors, Goldschmidt’s batting average ranks second, his on-base percentage ranks first, and he is third in slugging.
- Goldschmidt will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is batting .375 with three doubles, a home run, five walks and five RBI.
- Arenado is batting .303 with 28 doubles, a triple, 24 home runs and 39 walks.
- Among qualifiers, Arenado ranks 14th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging percentage.
- Arenado has picked up at least one hit in nine straight games. In his last 10 outings he is batting .385 with four doubles, five home runs, four walks and 12 RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .257 with a .365 slugging percentage and 38 RBI this year.
- Edman brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with an RBI.
- Dylan Carlson is batting .237 with a .308 OBP and 34 RBI for St. Louis this season.
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers have hit 152 homers this season, which ranks fourth in the league.
- The Brewers rank 18th in MLB with a .240 team batting average.
- The Brewers have an on-base percentage of .321 this season, which ranks seventh in the league.
- The Brewers rank 22nd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 59 road contests this season.
- In 59 road games this season, they’re slugging .413 with 183 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.2 base hits per game and batting .241 on the road this season.
Brewers Key Batters
- Rowdy Tellez is leading the Brewers with 87 hits.
- Including all the qualified players in the big leagues, Tellez’s batting average puts him 113th, his on-base percentage ranks 84th, and he is 24th in slugging.
- Christian Yelich’s .364 OBP and .386 slugging percentage both lead his team.
- Yelich is currently 69th in batting average, 22nd in on-base percentage and 114th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Andrew McCutchen has 21 doubles, 11 home runs and 38 walks while hitting .255.
- Willy Adames is batting .224 with 17 doubles, 22 home runs and 32 walks.
Cardinals vs. Brewers Probable Pitchers