The New York Yankees (71-42) visit the Boston Red Sox (56-58) at 7:15 PM ET on Saturday in a matchup featuring two of MLB’s most consistent batters. Aaron Judge has a batting average of .305 (10th in the majors) for the favored Yankees (-147), and Rafael Devers ranks sixth in MLB play batting .307 this season for the underdog Red Sox (+124). Frankie Montas gets the starting nod for New York, and Kutter Crawford is Boston’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Saturday, August 13, 2022
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.7 home runs per game and have hit a league-high 191 home runs in total.
- The Yankees have the 14th-ranked batting average in the league (.244).
- The Yankees rank third in baseball with an on-base percentage of .330.
- The Yankees strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 16 average in baseball.
- The Yankees average 1.6 homers per road game this season (89 total away from home).
- The Yankees are slugging .434 with 3.2 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team is batting .251 with 498 hits (8.7 per game) on the road this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Judge leads New York with 125 hits and an OBP of .400, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .688.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, Judge ranks 10th in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Judge hopes to build on a seven-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .364 with three doubles, four home runs, 13 walks and nine RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .224 with 17 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 48 walks.
- Rizzo is 129th in batting average, 54th in on-base percentage and 15th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- DJ LeMahieu has 109 hits this season and has a slash line of .282/.385/.422.
- Andrew Benintendi has three home runs, 44 RBI and a batting average of .304 this season.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox rank 17th in Major League Baseball with 111 home runs.
- The Red Sox’s .253 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking seventh in MLB.
- The Red Sox have an OBP of .313 this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- The Red Sox rank 17th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 whiffs per contest.
- In 57 games at home this season, they’ve hit 63 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 57 home games this season, they’re slugging .437 with 204 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.9 base hits per game and batting .263 as a team at home this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Devers paces the Red Sox with 119 hits.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, Devers’ batting average places him sixth, his on-base percentage ranks 22nd, and he is fifth in slugging.
- Xander Bogaerts has a .378 OBP while slugging .448. Both are team-highs.
- Including all qualified hitters, Bogaerts’ batting average puts him sixth, his on-base percentage ranks 11th, and he is 50th in slugging.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .274 with 28 doubles, seven home runs and 26 walks.
- J.D. Martinez has 34 doubles, nine home runs and 35 walks while hitting .281.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers