Table of Contents
Luis Garcia’s Houston Astros (76-43) are favorites (-134) against the Chicago White Sox (61-57), who are at +113, on Thursday as he attempts to collect his 10th victory of the season. The outing starts at 2:10 PM ET. Houston’s Garcia and Chicago’s Lucas Giolito pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Thursday, August 18, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros rank third-best in MLB action with 160 total home runs.
- The Astros have the 16th-ranked batting average in the majors (.242).
- The Astros rank 10th in the league with a .317 on-base percentage.
- The Astros strike out 7.3 times per game, the second-best mark in baseball.
- The Astros have hit 80 homers on the road this season (1.3 per game).
- The Astros are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .406 away from home.
- On the road this season the club averages eight hits per game and is batting .234.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez has 104 hits and an OBP of .400, both of which rank first among Houston hitters this season.
- Among all qualified hitters, Alvarez ranks 18th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks third, and he is third in slugging.
- Alvarez hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .313 with two walks and two RBI.
- Alex Bregman has an OPS of .813, fueled by an OBP of .363 and a team-best slugging percentage of .450 this season.
- Among qualifying batters, Bregman ranks 69th in batting average, 22nd in on-base percentage and 46th in slugging percentage.
- Kyle Tucker has collected 97 base hits, an OBP of .334 and a slugging percentage of .466 this season.
- Tucker brings a nine-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .343 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs, three walks and 10 RBI.
- Jose Altuve has an OPS of .865, fueled by an OBP of .365 and a team-best slugging percentage of .500 this season.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 26th in Major League Baseball with just 101 home runs as a team.
- The White Sox’s .259 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking third in MLB.
- The White Sox have an OBP of .313 this season, which ranks 18th in MLB.
- The White Sox rank seventh in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.7 whiffs per contest.
- In 60 games at home this season, they’ve hit 52 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- In 60 home games this season, they’re slugging .377 with 145 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .252 with 8.5 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu has put up a team-best OBP (.384) and slugging percentage (.467), while pacing the White Sox in hits (137).
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, Abreu is seventh in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage and 31st in slugging percentage.
- Abreu heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .647 with two walks and an RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has racked up 109 hits to pace his team.
- Vaughn is currently 18th in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage and 31st in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Luis Robert is batting .301 with 15 doubles, 12 home runs and 15 walks.
- A.J. Pollock has 20 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 23 walks while batting .240.
Astros vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers