Table of Contents
A pair of MLB’s top hitters go head-to-head when the Cleveland Guardians (64-55) and the Chicago White Sox (61-59) play at 6:10 PM ET on Saturday at Progressive Field. Andres Gimenez has a .312 batting average (sixth in MLB) for the favored Guardians (-176), and Jose Abreu ranks seventh in MLB play batting .308 this season for the underdog White Sox (+149). Shane Bieber starts for Cleveland while Chicago will counter with Johnny Cueto.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Saturday, August 20, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit the second-fewest home runs in baseball this season (94).
- The Guardians are eighth in the majors with a .253 batting average.
- The Guardians’ .316 on-base percentage is 14th in baseball.
- The Guardians strike out 6.9 times per game, the least Ks in baseball.
- The Guardians average 0.6 homers per game when playing at home this season (36 total in home contests).
- The Guardians are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game while slugging .369 in home contests.
- The club averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .250 at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in total hits (125) this season while batting .283 with 64 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, Ramirez is 30th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage, and seventh in slugging.
- Ramirez will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with a double, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Amed Rosario leads Cleveland in slugging percentage (.413) thanks to 36 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters, Rosario’s batting average ranks him 27th, his on-base percentage 86th, and his slugging percentage 83rd.
- Rosario brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a triple and two RBI.
- Steven Kwan is batting .301 with a .397 slugging percentage and 32 RBI this year.
- Kwan heads into this matchup with six games in a row with at least one hit. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .333 with a double, two triples, a home run, five walks and four RBI.
- Gimenez leads Cleveland with an OBP of .378 this season while batting .312 with 22 walks and 48 runs scored.
- Gimenez has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .400 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox have hit just 102 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The White Sox have a team batting average of .260 this season, which ranks third among MLB teams.
- The White Sox have an on-base percentage of .314 this season, which ranks 16th in the league.
- The White Sox are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking seventh with an average of 7.8 strikeouts per game.
- In 59 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 49 homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- They are slugging .393 in 59 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .266 with 9.5 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Abreu has accumulated an on-base percentage of .382, a slugging percentage of .463, and has 139 hits, all club-highs for the White Sox.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Abreu ranks seventh in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage and 38th in slugging percentage.
- Andrew Vaughn is batting .293 with 22 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 22 walks.
- Vaughn is 23rd in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage and 41st in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Luis Robert has 15 doubles, 12 home runs and 15 walks while batting .301.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .235 with 24 doubles, eight home runs and 30 walks.
Guardians vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers