Table of Contents
Wilmer Flores will try to collect his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when his San Francisco Giants (59-60) square off against the Colorado Rockies (52-69) on Saturday at 8:10 PM ET. The Giants are favored (-135) over the Rockies (+115). San Francisco’s Alex Cobb and Colorado’s Ryan Feltner pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Saturday, August 20, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants are 11th in MLB play with 138 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- The Giants rank 23rd in the majors with a .235 batting average.
- The Giants rank 10th in the league with a .318 on-base percentage.
- The Giants strike out 8.7 times per game, the No. 21 average in baseball.
- The Giants average 1.2 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (67 total in road contests).
- The Giants are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .389 away from home.
- The club averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .230 on the road this season.
Giants Key Batters
- Flores leads San Francisco in OBP (.336), slugging percentage (.445) and total hits (98) this season.
- Among qualified batters in the majors, Flores’ batting average ranks 76th, his on-base percentage ranks 63rd, and he is 50th in slugging.
- Flores has picked up at least one hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with four doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Thairo Estrada is batting .266 with 18 doubles, two triples, 11 home runs and 19 walks.
- Among qualifying hitters, Estrada’s batting average places him 51st, his on-base percentage 95th, and his slugging percentage 75th.
- Joc Pederson has 72 hits this season and has a slash line of .254/.328/.500.
- Pederson enters this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, a home run and an RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski has 12 home runs, 44 RBI and a batting average of .211 this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies have hit 108 homers this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- The Rockies rank second in MLB with a .262 team batting average.
- The Rockies have an on-base percentage of .324 this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- The Rockies are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking eighth with an average of 7.8 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 73 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 64 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .456 in 64 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .285 with 9.8 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has accumulated a team-high slugging percentage (.492) and leads the Rockies in hits (121).
- Including all qualified hitters, Cron ranks 48th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 81st and he is 18th in slugging.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .264 with 18 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 26 walks.
- Including all qualified hitters, Blackmon’s batting average puts him 62nd, his on-base percentage is 98th, and he is 58th in slugging.
- Brendan Rodgers is batting .280 with 25 doubles, two triples, 11 home runs and 34 walks.
- Jose Iglesias’ .350 on-base percentage paces his team.
Giants vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers