Table of Contents
Luis Arraez leads the Minnesota Twins (65-61) into a matchup against Xander Bogaerts and the Boston Red Sox (62-66) on Monday at 7:40 PM ET at Target Field. Arraez is batting .318, the fourth-best batting average in the majors, for the favored Twins (-120), while Bogaerts ranks 10th in MLB play with a .303 batting average this season for the underdog Red Sox (-100). Minnesota’s Dylan Bundy gets the start against Boston’s Brayan Bello.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Monday, August 29, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 10th in baseball with 149 total home runs.
- The Twins have the 11th-ranked batting average in the league (.249).
- The Twins’ .319 on-base percentage ranks eighth-best in the league.
- The Twins strike out 8.2 times per game, the No. 11 mark in baseball.
- The Twins average 1.2 homers per home game this season (76 total at home).
- The Twins are slugging .410 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .250.
Twins Key Batters
- Arraez leads Minnesota in OBP (.384), slugging percentage (.425) and OPS (.809) this season.
- Among the qualifying hitters in baseball, Arraez’s batting average ranks fourth, his on-base percentage ranks eighth, and he is 67th in slugging.
- Jorge Polanco is batting .235 with 16 doubles, 16 home runs and 64 walks.
- Polanco’s batting average is 115th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 41st, and his slugging percentage 85th.
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota in total hits (107) this season, and 32 of those have gone for extra bases.
- Correa heads into this matchup with three games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .421 with a double, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Gio Urshela has 11 home runs, 50 RBI and a batting average of .267 this season.
- Urshela has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox rank 19th in Major League Baseball with 122 home runs.
- The Red Sox’s .257 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking sixth in MLB.
- The Red Sox have an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Red Sox rank 16th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.5 whiffs per contest.
- In 63 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 51 homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .382 in away games this season with 191 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.6 base hits per game and batting .247 on the road this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has 130 hits, a team-high for the Red Sox.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Devers is 17th in batting average, 35th in on-base percentage and eighth in slugging percentage.
- Bogaerts’ .372 OBP and .448 slugging percentage are both team-highs.
- Bogaerts is 10th in batting average, 14th in on-base percentage and 49th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Alex Verdugo has 32 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 30 walks while batting .283.
- Tommy Pham has 19 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 46 walks while hitting .249.
Twins vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers