Table of Contents
The Milwaukee Brewers (67-59) will look to Christian Yelich, who is currently on a two-game home run streak, when they play the Pittsburgh Pirates (48-79). The Brewers are the moneyline favorite (-345) for this outing against the Pirates (+274), which begins at 8:10 PM ET on Monday at American Family Field. Milwaukee is projected to start Corbin Burnes, while Pittsburgh has not named a starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Brewers vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Monday, August 29, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers rank third-best in baseball with 178 total home runs.
- The Brewers have the 22nd-ranked batting average in the majors (.236).
- The Brewers are 11th in the league with a .317 on-base percentage.
- The Brewers strike out 8.9 times per game, the No. 25 mark in baseball.
- The Brewers average 1.5 homers per game when playing at home this season (86 total in home contests).
- The Brewers are averaging three extra-base hits per game while slugging .422 in home contests.
- The club averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .238 at home this season.
Brewers Key Batters
- Rowdy Tellez leads Milwaukee with 95 hits, batting .230 this season with 48 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Tellez’s batting average ranks 119th, his on-base percentage ranks 83rd, and he is 27th in slugging.
- Yelich has a slash line of .264/.363/.396 this season and a team-best OPS of .759.
- Yelich ranks 59th in batting average, 24th in on-base percentage and 101st in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Yelich brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .455 with two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Willy Adames has 95 hits this season and has a slash line of .228/.292/.464.
- Adames brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has 14 home runs, 56 RBI and a batting average of .245 this season.
- McCutchen heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .150 with a walk.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates rank 18th in Major League Baseball with 124 home runs.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of just .220 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Pirates are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .287.
- The Pirates rank just 28th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.3 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 65 homers, an average of 1 per game, in 65 road contests this season.
- In 65 road games this season, they’re slugging .360 with 166 hits going for extra bases.
- In 65 road games this season, they have a batting average of .218 while averaging 7.3 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has put up a team-high OBP (.333) and slugging percentage (.459), while leading the Pirates in hits (103).
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, Reynolds is 84th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 41st in slugging percentage.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .248 with 20 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 39 walks.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Hayes’ batting average places him 89th, his on-base percentage ranks 94th, and he is 128th in slugging.
- Ben Gamel is hitting .246 with 18 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 35 walks.
- Michael Chavis has 13 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 14 walks while hitting .245.
Brewers vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers