Table of Contents
Two of MLB’s most productive sluggers go head-to-head when the New York Yankees (78-50) and the Los Angeles Angels (55-73) meet at 9:38 PM ET on Monday at Angel Stadium. Aaron Judge has 49 homers (first in the majors) for the favored Yankees (-178), and Shohei Ohtani ranks ninth in MLB play with 28 dingers this season for the Angels (+151). New York has Frankie Montas starting, while Los Angeles will counter with Jose Suarez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Angels
- Game Day: Monday, August 29, 2022
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees have hit a league-leading 200 home runs, averaging 1.6 per game.
- The Yankees have the 17th-ranked batting average in the league (.241).
- The Yankees are fourth in the league with an on-base percentage of .325.
- The Yankees strike out 8.5 times per game to rank 17th in the league.
- The Yankees average 1.4 homers per road game this season (91 total away from home).
- The Yankees are slugging .420 with 3.0 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club is batting .247 with 540 hits (8.6 per game) on the road this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Judge leads New York with 135 hits and an OBP of .393, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .655.
- Among all qualified hitters, Judge is 20th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks fifth, and he is first in slugging.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .223 with 19 doubles, a triple, 28 home runs and 53 walks.
- Among qualified hitters, Rizzo’s batting average places him 127th, his on-base percentage 59th, and his slugging percentage 25th.
- DJ LeMahieu has 117 hits this season and has a slash line of .273/.368/.399.
- Andrew Benintendi has an OPS of .765, fueled by an OBP of .374 and a team-best slugging percentage of .391 this season.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels’ 145 home runs rank 11th in Major League Baseball.
- The Angels have a team batting average of just .228 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Angels have an OBP of just .295 this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Angels rank last in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.7 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 76 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 62 home contests this season.
- In 62 home games this season, they’re slugging .405 with 173 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .238 with 7.8 base hits per contest.
Angels Key Batters
- Ohtani has accumulated 121 hits with a .358 on-base percentage and a .516 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Angels.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Ohtani’s batting average puts him 58th, his on-base percentage is 25th, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Mike Trout is batting .270 with 18 doubles, two triples, 28 home runs and 41 walks.
- Luis Rengifo has 19 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 13 walks while batting .268.
- David Fletcher is hitting .287 with seven doubles, a triple, two home runs and seven walks.
Yankees vs. Angels Probable Pitchers