Table of Contents
Mookie Betts takes a three-game home run streak into the Los Angeles Dodgers’ (88-38) matchup with the Miami Marlins (55-72). The Dodgers are favored (-167) for this outing against the Marlins (+140), which starts at 6:40 PM ET on Monday at loanDepot park. Los Angeles’ Michael Grove gets the start against Miami’s Pablo Lopez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Monday, August 29, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers rank fifth in MLB action with 168 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Dodgers have an MLB-best .263 batting average.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers lead the league with a .338 on-base percentage.
- The Dodgers strike out 8.3 times per game to rank 12th in baseball.
- The Dodgers average 1.4 homers per game when playing away from home this season (89 total in road outings).
- The Dodgers are slugging .446 with 3.6 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- Away from home this season the team averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .261.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freddie Freeman leads Los Angeles in OBP (.394), slugging percentage (.512) and OPS (.906) this season.
- Among all qualifying batters in baseball, Freeman’s batting average ranks second, his on-base percentage ranks fourth, and he is 12th in slugging.
- Freeman has recorded a base hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .417 with two doubles and six RBI.
- Betts has 126 hits, which is best among Los Angeles batters this season. He’s batting .281 with 61 extra-base hits.
- Betts’ batting average is 30th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 36th, and his slugging percentage fifth.
- Betts takes a three-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .409 with three doubles, four home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Trea Turner has hit 18 homers with a team-high .488 SLG this season.
- Will Smith has been key for Los Angeles with 106 hits, an OBP of .356 plus a slugging percentage of .468.
- Smith heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with two doubles, two walks and three RBI.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins rank 23rd in Major League Baseball with 114 home runs.
- The Marlins have a team batting average of .230 this season, which ranks 24th among MLB teams.
- The Marlins have an OBP of just .295 this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Marlins rank 22nd with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 61 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .371 in home games this season with 158 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.6 base hits per game and batting .233 as a team at home this season.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas has accumulated an on-base percentage of .280, a slugging percentage of .327, and has 90 hits, all club-highs for the Marlins.
- Including all qualified hitters, Rojas ranks 117th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 132nd and he is 134th in slugging.
- Jon Berti has 14 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 33 walks while hitting .259.
- Garrett Cooper has 24 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 32 walks while hitting .260.
- Joey Wendle is hitting .254 with 17 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 12 walks.
Dodgers vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers