Table of Contents
Both the Toronto Blue Jays (68-58) and the Chicago Cubs (55-73) head into Monday’s matchup on losing streaks. The favored Blue Jays (-244) have lost three in a row, while the underdog Cubs (+199) have dropped their last two. Jose Berrios starts for Toronto while Chicago will counter with Javier Assad.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Monday, August 29, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays rank ninth in MLB action with 153 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- The Blue Jays’ .261 batting average is third-best in the majors.
- The Blue Jays rank fifth in the league with an on-base percentage of .324.
- The Blue Jays strike out 7.8 times per game to rank fifth in the league.
- The Blue Jays average 1.2 homers per home game this season (79 total at home).
- The Blue Jays are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .435 in home contests.
- The team averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .261 at home this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads Toronto with 137 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .496.
- Among all qualified hitters, Guerrero is 31st in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 40th, and he is 16th in slugging.
- George Springer is hitting .275 with 17 doubles, three triples, 19 home runs and 41 walks.
- Among qualified hitters, Springer’s batting average ranks him 41st, his on-base percentage 33rd, and his slugging percentage 20th.
- Springer takes a 12-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last 10 outings he is batting .472 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, four walks and eight RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk leads Toronto with an OBP of .381 this season while batting .296 with 49 walks and 51 runs scored.
- Bo Bichette has 17 home runs, 66 RBI and a batting average of .262 this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 131 home runs rank 16th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs rank 18th in MLB with a .240 team batting average.
- The Cubs have the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.312).
- The Cubs rank 25th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 69 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 62 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .389 in away games this season with 189 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.0 base hits per game and batting .231 on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has accumulated an on-base percentage of .352, a slugging percentage of .462, and has 127 hits, all club-highs for the Cubs.
- Happ is 35th in batting average, 33rd in on-base percentage and 36th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .292 with 18 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 25 walks.
- Hoerner ranks 21st in batting average, 50th in on-base percentage and 78th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Willson Contreras has 21 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 42 walks while hitting .242.
- Seiya Suzuki is hitting .252 with 20 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 35 walks.
Blue Jays vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers