Table of Contents
On Saturday at 8:00 PM ET, the Syracuse Orange will host the Louisville Cardinals.
The Cardinals are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-4.5), against the Orange. The over/under for this game is 57 points.
Create your College Football Pool started with the Internet’s #1 pool creation and hosting platform. Get 15 friends together and play for free!
Start here >
Game Info and Betting Lines for Louisville vs. Syracuse
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ACC Network
- Location: Syracuse, New York
- Stadium: JMA Wireless Dome
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Louisville Betting Insights
- Louisville won six games against the spread last season, failing to cover seven times.
- Louisville was favored by 4.5 points or more two times last season, and covered the spread in one of those games.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total six times in Louisville games.
Louisville Stats & Insights
- Louisville put up 31.6 points per game last season, 5.3 more than Syracuse surrendered per matchup (26.3).
- Louisville was 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall last season when the team scored over 26.3 points.
- When Syracuse surrendered less than 31.6 points last season, it had a 5-2 record against the spread and a 4-3 record overall.
- Louisville averaged 116.2 more yards per game (446.6) than Syracuse allowed per outing (330.4) last year.
- In games that Louisville totaled over 330.4 yards last year, the team was 6-6 against the spread and 6-6 overall.
- In games Syracuse kept its opponents to less than 446.6 yards last season, it had an 8-4 record ATS and a 5-7 record overall.
- Last season Louisville averaged 210.2 rushing yards per game, 84.0 more than Syracuse allowed per outing (126.2).
- When Louisville ran for over 126.2 yards last season, it had a 6-6 ATS record and a 6-6 overall record.
- Syracuse was 6-4 against the spread and 4-6 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 210.2 rushing yards last season.
- Louisville turned the ball over six more times (13 total) than Syracuse forced a turnover (7) last season.
Louisville’s Best Players
- Last season Micale Cunningham had 2,940 passing yards — including a 62% completion percentage — with 19 touchdowns and six interceptions (226.2 yards per game). His rushing performance consisted of 173 carries for 1,031 yards and 20 TDs.
- Jalen Mitchell posted 722 rushing yards on 155 carries and five touchdowns last season.
- Marshon Ford collected 49 receptions for 550 yards and two touchdowns last year. He was targeted 68 times, and averaged 42.3 yards per game.
- Tyler Harrell also impressed receiving last year. He collected 18 receptions for 523 yards and six touchdowns. He was targeted 36 times.
- Ahmari Huggins-Bruce hauled in 29 passes on 41 targets for 443 yards and four touchdowns, compiling 34.1 receiving yards per game.
- Yasir Abdullah did his thing last season with an incredible stat line of 10.0 sacks, 17.0 TFL and 63 tackles.
- C.J. Avery went to work last year, collecting 97 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and three sacks.
- Kei’Trel Clark collected three interceptions while adding 39 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three passes defended last year.
Syracuse Betting Insights
- Syracuse won eight games against the spread last season, failing to cover four times.
- Syracuse had an ATS record of 4-2 when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs last season.
- A total of five of Syracuse games last year hit the over.
Syracuse Stats & Insights
- Last year Syracuse scored just 2.4 fewer points per game (24.9) than Louisville allowed (27.3).
- Syracuse was 5-0 against the spread and 3-2 overall last year when the team notched over 27.3 points.
- Last year Louisville had a 4-1 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 24.9 points.
- Syracuse averaged 36.8 fewer yards per game (366.5) than Louisville gave up (403.3) per outing last year.
- When Syracuse picked up more than 403.3 yards last season, the team was 3-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- Louisville had a 2-3 record ATS and a 3-2 record overall when holding its opponents to less than 366.5 yards last season.
- Last year Syracuse rushed for 55.8 more yards per game (213.5) than Louisville allowed per outing (157.7).
- Last season Syracuse had an 8-1 ATS record and a 5-4 overall record in games the team ran for more than 157.7 yards.
- Last year, Louisville was 6-6 against the spread and 6-6 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 213.5 yards on the ground.
- Syracuse turned the ball over 12 times last season, three fewer times than Louisville forced turnovers (15).
Syracuse’s Best Players
- Garrett Shrader threw nine touchdowns and four interceptions while throwing for 1,445 yards by the end of last season (120.4 ypg). He also scored 14 touchdowns on 65.1 rushing yards per game.
- Sean Tucker averaged 124.7 rushing yards per game and tallied 12 rushing touchdowns last year. Tucker complemented his performance on the ground with 1.7 receptions per game to average 21.3 receiving yards.
- Courtney Jackson averaged 32.4 receiving yards and grabbed three receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Damien Alford worked his way to two receiving touchdowns and 249 receiving yards (20.8 ypg) last season.
- Cody Roscoe proved to be a relentless defender last year, recording 8.5 sacks, 9.0 TFL and 43 tackles.
- Mikel Jones was all over the field last season with 83 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and three sacks.
- A year ago Darian Chestnut tallied 36 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended as well as three interceptions.