Table of Contents
Jeff McNeil leads the New York Mets (82-48) into a matchup with Freddie Freeman and the Los Angeles Dodgers (90-38) on Wednesday at 7:10 PM ET at Citi Field. McNeil is batting .320, the third-best batting average in MLB, for the favored Mets (-164), while Freeman ranks second in MLB play with a .322 batting average this season for the underdog Dodgers (+139). Jacob deGrom takes the mound first for New York, and Tyler Anderson is Los Angeles’ pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Dodgers
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets are 17th in MLB play with 131 home runs. They average one per game.
- The Mets rank sixth in MLB with a .257 batting average.
- The Mets are third in the league with an on-base percentage of .329.
- The Mets strike out 7.6 times per game to rank fifth in the league.
- The Mets average one home run per game when playing at home this season (61 total in home contests).
- The Mets are averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .398 in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .255.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York in total hits (131) this season while batting .271 with 54 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Alonso’s batting average ranks 44th, his on-base percentage ranks 38th, and he is 11th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor has 17 doubles, four triples, 21 home runs and 54 walks while hitting .265.
- Among qualified batters, Lindor’s batting average places him 58th, his on-base percentage 45th, and his slugging percentage 52nd.
- Starling Marte is batting .293 with a .470 slugging percentage and 60 RBI this year.
- Brandon Nimmo has been key for New York with 124 hits, an OBP of .354 plus a slugging percentage of .416.
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers rank fifth in Major League Baseball with 169 home runs.
- No team has a better batting average than the .262 AVG the Dodgers have posted this season.
- No team gets on base better than the Dodgers, who have a league-best .338 OBP this season.
- The Dodgers rank 12th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 90 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 67 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .441 in 67 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .259 with 9.1 base hits per contest.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freeman has put up a .394 on-base percentage and a .511 slugging percentage, both team-high numbers for the Dodgers.
- Freeman ranks second in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage and 11th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the big leagues.
- Freeman heads into this game on a seven-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is hitting .400 with four doubles, a walk and eight RBI.
- Mookie Betts has 127 hits to lead his team.
- Including all qualifying players, Betts ranks 30th in batting average, 32nd in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging percentage.
- Trea Turner has 33 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 36 walks while batting .308.
- Will Smith is hitting .268 with 22 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 49 walks.
Mets vs. Dodgers Probable Pitchers