Table of Contents
Two of the league’s best hitters go head-to-head when the Minnesota Twins (67-61) and the Boston Red Sox (62-68) play at 7:40 PM ET on Wednesday at Target Field. Luis Arraez has a .319 batting average (fourth in MLB) for the favored Twins (-125), and Xander Bogaerts ranks ninth in MLB play batting .306 this season for the underdog Red Sox (+105). Minnesota’s Joe Ryan gets the start against Boston’s Michael Wacha.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 10th in MLB action with 152 total home runs.
- The Twins have the 11th-ranked batting average in the majors (.249).
- The Twins’ .320 on-base percentage is eighth-best in baseball.
- The Twins strike out 8.2 times per game to rank 11th in the league.
- The Twins have hit 79 home runs at home this season (1.2 per game).
- The Twins have a .412 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .251.
Twins Key Batters
- Arraez has an OPS of .809, fueled by an OBP of .385 to go with a slugging percentage of .424. All three of those stats rank first among Minnesota hitters this season.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Arraez ranks fourth in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage, and 69th in slugging.
- Arraez hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with two walks and two RBI.
- Jorge Polanco has 16 doubles, 16 home runs and 64 walks while batting .235.
- Among qualifying batters, Polanco is 116th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage and 88th in slugging percentage.
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota with 108 hits. He is batting .274 this season and 32 of his hits have gone for extra bases.
- Gio Urshela has 11 home runs, 53 RBI and a batting average of .268 this season.
- Urshela enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with three doubles, four walks and four RBI.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox have hit 122 homers this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- The Red Sox rank sixth in MLB with a .257 team batting average.
- The Red Sox have the 12th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.316).
- The Red Sox rank 18th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.5 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 65 road contests this season.
- In 65 road games this season, they’re slugging .379 with 195 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .247 with 8.6 base hits per contest.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has racked up 130 hits, a team-high for the Red Sox.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Devers’ batting average ranks 21st, his on-base percentage ranks 39th, and he is eighth in slugging.
- Bogaerts paces his team with a .374 on-base percentage, and has a club-high .451 slugging percentage.
- Bogaerts is currently ninth in batting average, 11th in on-base percentage and 49th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .284 with 34 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 31 walks.
- Tommy Pham is hitting .251 with 19 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 47 walks.
Twins vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers