Table of Contents
Kyle Schwarber is just two hits away from his 100th of the season as his Philadelphia Phillies (72-58) ready for a matchup with the Arizona Diamondbacks (61-67) on Wednesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Phillies are favored (-138) over the Diamondbacks (+117). Philadelphia has Bailey Falter starting things off, and Arizona counters with Tommy Henry.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies average 1.3 home runs per game to rank sixth in MLB play with 164 total home runs.
- The Phillies’ .251 batting average is ninth-best in MLB.
- The Phillies are 15th in baseball with a .314 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 14 mark in the league.
- The Phillies average 1.3 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (77 total in road contests).
- The Phillies are slugging .405 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- On the road this season the club averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .246.
Phillies Key Batters
- Schwarber has 98 hits, which leads Philadelphia hitters this season, while batting .212 with 55 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying batters in baseball, Schwarber is 136th in batting average, 106th in on-base percentage, and 19th in slugging.
- Rhys Hoskins has 118 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .340.
- Among qualified hitters, Hoskins’ batting average places him 91st, his on-base percentage 51st, and his slugging percentage 34th.
- J.T. Realmuto has 107 hits this season and has a slash line of .268/.337/.454.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia in slugging percentage (.406) thanks to 32 extra-base hits.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks have hit 139 homers this season, which ranks 14th in the league.
- The Diamondbacks’ .231 batting average ranks 24th in the league this season.
- The Diamondbacks have an on-base percentage of .310 this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- The Diamondbacks are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking ninth with an average of 8.1 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 57 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 66 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .378 in home games this season with 176 extra-base hits.
- In 66 home games this season, they have a batting average of .236 while averaging 7.6 base hits per contest.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Christian Walker has put up a team-high slugging percentage (.478) while leading the Diamondbacks in hits (104).
- Including all qualified players in MLB, Walker ranks 118th in batting average, 74th in on-base percentage and 25th in slugging percentage.
- Walker hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, four walks and an RBI.
- Ketel Marte has 33 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 47 walks while hitting .250.
- Including all qualified players, Marte is 87th in batting average, 69th in on-base percentage and 76th in slugging percentage.
- Daulton Varsho is batting .241 with 20 doubles, three triples, 18 home runs and 40 walks.
- Josh Rojas’ .353 OBP leads his team.
Phillies vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers