Table of Contents
Willson Contreras has 97 hits this season, and will try to notch his 100th when his Chicago Cubs (55-75) meet the Toronto Blue Jays (70-58) on Wednesday at 7:07 PM ET. The Cubs are the underdog (+191) in this matchup with the Blue Jays (-231). Toronto’s Mitch White gets the start against Chicago’s Luke Farrell.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays average 1.2 home runs per game to rank ninth in MLB play with 156 total home runs.
- The Blue Jays’ .260 batting average is third-best in the majors.
- The Blue Jays rank fourth in baseball with a .324 on-base percentage.
- Blue Jays hitters strike out 7.7 times per game, the fourth-lowest average in baseball.
- The Blue Jays have hit 82 home runs at home this season (1.2 per game).
- The Blue Jays are slugging .434 with 3.2 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .259.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads Toronto in slugging percentage (.502) and total hits (141) this season.
- Among all qualified batters, Guerrero is 28th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 35th, and he is 14th in slugging.
- Guerrero will look for his third straight game with a hit in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- George Springer has 17 doubles, three triples, 19 home runs and 42 walks while batting .269.
- Springer’s batting average ranks 48th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 39th, and his slugging percentage 26th.
- Alejandro Kirk has 111 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .381.
- Bo Bichette has 17 home runs, 66 RBI and a batting average of .262 this season.
- Bichette enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with two doubles and four walks.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 133 home runs rank 15th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs have a team batting average of .241 this season, which ranks 17th among MLB teams.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .312 this season, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Cubs are one of the least disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking 26th with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- In 64 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 71 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 64 road games this season, they’re slugging .390 with 194 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.0 base hits per game and batting .233 on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has racked up a slugging percentage of .456, a team-high for the Cubs.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Happ ranks 39th in batting average, 35th in on-base percentage and 42nd in slugging percentage.
- Contreras has collected 97 hits with a .351 on-base percentage to lead his team in both.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Contreras is 93rd in batting average, 34th in on-base percentage and 31st in slugging percentage.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .289 with 18 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 25 walks.
- Seiya Suzuki has 20 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 35 walks while hitting .258.
Blue Jays vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers