Table of Contents
Ronald Acuna Jr. will try to notch his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when the Atlanta Braves (80-51) play the Colorado Rockies (56-75) on Thursday at 7:20 PM ET. The Braves are favored (-408) over the Rockies (+319). Atlanta’s Spencer Strider and Colorado’s Chad Kuhl will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves rank second in MLB action with 194 home runs. They average 1.5 per game.
- The Braves have the eighth-best batting average in the league (.253).
- The Braves are 10th in the league with a .318 on-base percentage.
- Braves hitters strike out 9.2 times per game, the 29th-most in the league.
- The Braves average 1.5 homers per home game this season (100 total at home).
- The Braves have a .445 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .255 at home this season.
Braves Key Batters
- Austin Riley leads Atlanta in total hits (145) this season while batting .288 with 70 extra-base hits.
- Among the qualifying hitters in the majors, Riley’s batting average ranks 23rd, his on-base percentage ranks 26th, and he is sixth in slugging.
- Riley hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .389 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Matt Olson is hitting .250 with 41 doubles, 27 home runs and 62 walks.
- Olson’s batting average is 88th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 68th, and his slugging percentage 17th.
- Dansby Swanson has hit 17 homers with a team-high .446 SLG this season.
- Acuna leads Atlanta in OBP (.366) this season, fueled by 98 hits.
- Acuna has hit safely in six games in a row. In his last 10 games he is batting .238 with a double, a home run, five walks and four RBI.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies rank 23rd in Major League Baseball with 115 home runs.
- The Rockies rank first in the majors with a .261 team batting average.
- The Rockies are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking sixth with an OBP of .321.
- The Rockies rank eighth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.8 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 0.6 home runs per game in their 63 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .343 in away games this season with 151 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.0 base hits per game and batting .235 on the road this season.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has racked up a slugging percentage of .487 and has 131 hits, both team-best numbers for the Rockies.
- Including all the qualified players in MLB, Cron ranks 43rd in batting average, 84th in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging percentage.
- Cron brings a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .381 with three RBI.
- Brendan Rodgers has 28 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 36 walks while hitting .276.
- Including all qualified players, Rodgers’ batting average places him 38th, his on-base percentage is 78th, and he is 73rd in slugging.
- Charlie Blackmon is batting .270 with 19 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 28 walks.
- Jose Iglesias has 30 doubles, three home runs and 16 walks while batting .304.
Braves vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers