Table of Contents
The Texas Rangers (58-71) bring a four-game losing streak into a home contest against the Boston Red Sox (63-68) on Thursday at 7:10 PM ET. The Red Sox are favored (-167) to give the underdog Rangers (+141) another loss. Boston’s Rich Hill gets the start against Texas’ Glenn Otto.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 19th in baseball with 124 total home runs .
- The Red Sox’s .258 batting average is fifth-best in the majors.
- The Red Sox are 12th in the league with a .317 on-base percentage.
- The Red Sox’s 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 18th in baseball.
- The Red Sox average 1.1 homers per game when playing at home this season (71 total in home contests).
- The Red Sox are slugging .438 with 3.5 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club is batting .267 with 594 hits (9.1 per game) at home this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has 130 hits, which is best among Boston hitters this season, while batting .287 with 59 extra-base hits.
- Devers is 26th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage, and ninth in slugging among all qualifying batters in MLB.
- Xander Bogaerts has a slash line of .308/.376/.460 this season and a team-best OPS of .836.
- Bogaerts’ batting average ranks sixth among qualified players, his on-base percentage 10th, and his slugging percentage 36th.
- Bogaerts takes a four-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .474 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and seven RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .283 with a .401 slugging percentage and 61 RBI this year.
- Verdugo has logged a hit or more in seven straight games. During his last nine games he is hitting .268 with four doubles, a triple, two walks and three RBI.
- Tommy Pham is batting .251 with a .323 OBP and 54 RBI for Boston this season.
- Pham takes a seven-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 outings he is batting .350 with three doubles, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers’ 159 home runs rank eighth in Major League Baseball.
- The Rangers’ .243 batting average ranks 15th in the league this season.
- The Rangers have an on-base percentage of .306 this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- The Rangers rank 20th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 whiffs per contest.
- In 63 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 77 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- In 63 road games this season, they’re slugging .404 with 184 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.6 base hits per game and batting .247 on the road this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Corey Seager is hitting .255 with 17 doubles, a triple, 29 home runs and 51 walks.
- Including all qualifying players in MLB, Seager’s batting average places him 80th, his on-base percentage ranks 72nd, and he is 26th in slugging.
- Marcus Semien is batting .239 with 21 doubles, four triples, 20 home runs and 45 walks.
- Semien’s batting average ranks 110th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 120th, and he is 83rd in slugging.
- Nate Lowe has an on-base percentage of .352, a slugging percentage of .498, and has 142 hits, all club-bests for the Rangers.
- Adolis Garcia is hitting .256 with 25 doubles, four triples, 21 home runs and 31 walks.
Red Sox vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers