Table of Contents
The Baltimore Orioles (67-60) will look to Cedric Mullins, who is currently on an 11-game hitting streak, when they face the Cleveland Guardians (67-59). The Guardians are favored on the moneyline (-151) in this matchup with the Orioles (+129), which begins at 6:10 PM ET on Tuesday at Progressive Field. Cal Quantrill starts for Cleveland while Baltimore will counter with Spenser Watkins.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 30, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are second-worst in MLB action with 100 home runs.
- The Guardians have the 10th-best batting average in the league (.250).
- The Guardians are 17th in the league with an on-base percentage of .312.
- Guardians batters strike out 7.0 times per game, the lowest average in the league.
- The Guardians average 0.6 homers per game when playing at home this season (36 total in home outings).
- The Guardians have a .366 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .248.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has 132 hits, which is tops among Cleveland hitters this season, while batting .283 with 68 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters in baseball, Ramirez is 27th in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage, and seventh in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has 125 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .372.
- Among all qualified, Kwan ranks 14th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage and 107th in slugging percentage.
- Amed Rosario has an OPS of .723, fueled by an OBP of .318 and a team-best slugging percentage of .405 this season.
- Andres Gimenez has been key for Cleveland with 113 hits, an OBP of .365 plus a slugging percentage of .492.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles have hit 132 homers this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- The Orioles’ .237 batting average ranks 21st in the league this season.
- The Orioles have an on-base percentage of .305 this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- The Orioles rank 19th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 whiffs per contest.
- In 66 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 71 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .390 in away games this season with 203 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .233 with 8.0 base hits per contest.
Orioles Key Batters
- Anthony Santander has totaled 116 hits with a .335 on-base percentage, leading the Orioles in both categories.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Santander ranks 73rd in batting average, 63rd in on-base percentage and 41st in slugging percentage.
- Santander brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a double, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Mullins is slugging .404 to lead his team.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Mullins is 53rd in batting average, 75th in on-base percentage and 89th in slugging percentage.
- Austin Hays has 29 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 26 walks while batting .256.
- Ryan Mountcastle is hitting .244 with 24 doubles, 18 home runs and 29 walks.
Guardians vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers