Table of Contents
Corey Seager leads the Texas Rangers (58-69) into a contest against the Houston Astros (82-47) after his two-home run outing in a 9-8 loss to the Tigers. The Astros are moneyline favorites (-148) for this game against the underdog Rangers (+125), which starts at 8:05 PM ET on Tuesday. Houston’s Framber Valdez and Texas’ Dane Dunning will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 30, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros rank fourth in MLB play with 171 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Astros’ .245 batting average ranks 13th in MLB.
- The Astros are ninth in the league with a .318 on-base percentage.
- Astros batters strike out 7.4 times per game, the third-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Astros average 1.3 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (86 total in road contests).
- The Astros are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .411 away from home.
- The team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .239 away from home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Alex Bregman leads Houston in slugging percentage (.481) thanks to 54 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, Bregman ranks 49th in batting average, 17th in on-base percentage, and 24th in slugging.
- Yordan Alvarez has 111 hits and an OBP of .398, both of which lead the Astros this season.
- Among qualifying batters, Alvarez is 17th in batting average, third in on-base percentage and third in slugging percentage.
- Alvarez brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has collected 111 base hits, an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .478 this season.
- Jose Altuve has been key for Houston with 117 hits, an OBP of .367 plus a slugging percentage of .500.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers have hit 156 homers this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- The Rangers rank 14th in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- The Rangers have an on-base percentage of .307 this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Rangers rank 21st with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 79 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 64 home contests this season.
- In 64 home games this season, they’re slugging .398 with 166 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .242 with 8.0 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Seager is hitting .257 with 17 doubles, a triple, 28 home runs and 51 walks.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Seager ranks 74th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 28th in slugging percentage.
- Seager enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, two home runs, four walks and five RBI.
- Marcus Semien is hitting .238 with 20 doubles, four triples, 20 home runs and 44 walks.
- Including all qualifying players, Semien ranks 109th in batting average, 118th in on-base percentage and 81st in slugging percentage.
- Nate Lowe has 140 hits with a .349 on-base percentage and a .498 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Rangers.
- Adolis Garcia has 25 doubles, four triples, 21 home runs and 31 walks while batting .256.
Astros vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers