Table of Contents
Javier Baez is just two hits away from his 100th of the season as his Detroit Tigers (50-80) ready for a matchup with the Seattle Mariners (72-58) on Thursday at 1:10 PM ET. The Tigers are underdogs (+139) against the Mariners (-161). Logan Gilbert starts for Seattle, and Eduardo Rodriguez is Detroit’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners are 11th in MLB action with 150 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- The Mariners have the 24th-ranked batting average in the league (.231).
- The Mariners are 16th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .313.
- The Mariners’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 17th in the league.
- The Mariners have hit 81 home runs away from home this season (1.2 per game).
- The Mariners are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .396 on the road.
- On the road this season the team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .238.
Mariners Key Batters
- Julio Rodriguez has 116 hits, which ranks first among Seattle hitters this season, while batting .264 with 44 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, Julio Rodriguez ranks 61st in batting average, 82nd in on-base percentage, and 35th in slugging.
- Julio Rodriguez will look for his third straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .150 with a double, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Ty France has a slash line of .282/.350/.438 this season and a team-best OPS of .788.
- France ranks 33rd in batting average, 38th in on-base percentage and 57th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- France heads into this matchup looking to extend his three-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .429 with two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez is batting .231 with a .449 slugging percentage and 75 RBI this year.
- Suarez enters this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with two home runs and four RBI.
- Adam Frazier has been key for Seattle with 111 hits, an OBP of .309 plus a slugging percentage of .319.
- Frazier has hit safely in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .267 with a double, a triple, a walk and two RBI.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank last in Major League Baseball with just 76 home runs as a team.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .229 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .285.
- The Tigers rank 24th in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 36 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 65 home contests this season.
- In 65 home games this season, they’re slugging .348 with 144 hits going for extra bases.
- In 65 home games this season, they have a batting average of .240 while averaging 7.8 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Baez has racked up 98 hits with a .267 on-base percentage and a .362 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Tigers.
- Including all the qualifying players in the majors, Baez’s batting average places him 128th, his on-base percentage is 140th, and he is 124th in slugging.
- Harold Castro is batting .279 with 19 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 14 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario has 14 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 24 walks while hitting .206.
- Willi Castro is batting .245 with 16 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 14 walks.
Mariners vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers