Table of Contents
Teoscar Hernandez is only one hit away from his 100th of the season as his Toronto Blue Jays (69-58) ready for a matchup against the Chicago Cubs (55-74) on Tuesday at 7:07 PM ET. The Blue Jays are favored (-223) over the Cubs (+181). Toronto has Kevin Gausman starting things off, and Chicago will counter with Marcus Stroman.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 30, 2022
- Game Time: 7:07 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Stadium: Rogers Centre
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays are ninth in MLB action with 154 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- The Blue Jays’ .261 batting average is third-best in the majors.
- The Blue Jays are fourth in the league with a .324 on-base percentage.
- The Blue Jays strike out 7.7 times per game to rank fifth in the league.
- The Blue Jays average 1.2 homers per home game this season (80 total at home).
- The Blue Jays are slugging .434 with 3.2 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.6 hits per game and is batting .260 at home this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has 138 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .494, both of which are best among Toronto hitters this season.
- Guerrero ranks 34th in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage, and 16th in slugging among all qualifying hitters in baseball.
- George Springer is hitting .272 with 17 doubles, three triples, 19 home runs and 41 walks.
- Springer’s batting average ranks 44th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 38th, and his slugging percentage 25th.
- Alejandro Kirk leads Toronto with an OBP of .381 this season while batting .296 with 50 walks and 51 runs scored.
- Bo Bichette is batting .262 with a .305 OBP and 66 RBI for Toronto this season.
- Bichette heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .333 with two doubles, five walks and two RBI.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 131 home runs rank 16th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs’ .241 batting average ranks 17th in the league this season.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .312 this season, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Cubs rank 25th in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- In 63 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 69 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They are slugging .389 in 63 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .233 with 8.0 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has a team-high OBP (.351) and slugging percentage (.459).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Happ’s batting average places him 35th, his on-base percentage ranks 33rd, and he is 41st in slugging.
- Happ brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .381 with three doubles, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .291 with 18 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 25 walks.
- Including all qualified hitters, Hoerner ranks 21st in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage and 81st in slugging percentage.
- Willson Contreras has 96 hits, a team-best for the Cubs.
- Seiya Suzuki is hitting .255 with 20 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 35 walks.
Blue Jays vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers