Table of Contents
Ronald Acuna Jr. has 98 hits this season, and will try to get his 100th when the Atlanta Braves (81-51) play the Miami Marlins (55-75) on Friday at 7:20 PM ET. The Braves are favored (-177) over the Marlins (+151). Charlie Morton gets the starting nod for Atlanta, and Sandy Alcantara is Miami’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Friday, September 2, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves are second in MLB play with 196 home runs. They average 1.5 per game.
- The Braves’ .253 batting average is eighth-best in the majors.
- The Braves rank 11th in the league with a .317 on-base percentage.
- Braves hitters strike out 9.3 times per game, the 29th-most in the league.
- The Braves average 1.5 homers per home game this season (102 total at home).
- The Braves have a .444 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .254.
Braves Key Batters
- Austin Riley has 147 hits, which is tops among Atlanta hitters this season, while batting .289 with 71 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, Riley ranks 22nd in batting average, 26th in on-base percentage, and fifth in slugging.
- Riley has recorded at least one hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .450 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Matt Olson has 41 doubles, 27 home runs and 62 walks while hitting .249.
- Among qualifying batters, Olson’s batting average ranks him 87th, his on-base percentage 70th, and his slugging percentage 18th.
- Dansby Swanson has an OPS of .787, fueled by an OBP of .342 and a team-best slugging percentage of .445 this season.
- Acuna leads Atlanta with an OBP of .365 this season while batting .271 with 46 walks and 58 runs scored.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins’ 115 home runs rank 23rd in Major League Baseball.
- The Marlins rank 26th in MLB with a team batting average of just .229.
- The Marlins are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .294.
- The Marlins rank 22nd in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 66 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .360 in 66 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.7 base hits per game and batting .227 on the road this season.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas has put up an on-base percentage of .277, a slugging percentage of .324, and has 90 hits, all club-bests for the Marlins.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Rojas’ batting average places him 122nd, his on-base percentage is 136th, and he is 137th in slugging.
- Jon Berti is batting .259 with 14 doubles, two triples, three home runs and 34 walks.
- Garrett Cooper is hitting .255 with 24 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 34 walks.
- Joey Wendle is batting .253 with 19 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 13 walks.
Braves vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers