Table of Contents
The Seattle Mariners (73-58) will aim to keep a four-game winning streak going when they visit the Cleveland Guardians (68-61) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. The Mariners are favored (-143) over the Guardians (+122). Seattle’s Luis Castillo gets the start against Cleveland’s Zach Plesac.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Friday, September 2, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners are 11th in MLB play with 152 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- The Mariners’ .231 batting average ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Mariners are 16th in baseball with a .313 on-base percentage.
- The Mariners’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 17th in baseball.
- The Mariners average 1.2 home runs per road game this season (83 total away from home).
- The Mariners are slugging .397 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- On the road this season the team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .239.
Mariners Key Batters
- Julio Rodriguez leads Seattle in total hits (117) this season while batting .264 with 45 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Rodriguez’s batting average ranks 60th, his on-base percentage ranks 79th, and he is 29th in slugging.
- Rodriguez has hit safely in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .211 with a double, two home runs, three walks and two RBI.
- Ty France has a slash line of .284/.351/.446 this season and a team-best OPS of .797.
- Among qualifying hitters, France is 31st in batting average, 32nd in on-base percentage and 51st in slugging percentage.
- France heads into this game looking to extend his four-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .471 with three home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez is batting .233 with a .450 slugging percentage and 76 RBI this year.
- Suarez enters this game with three games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .368 with two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- J.P. Crawford has five home runs, 33 RBI and a batting average of .253 this season.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit just 101 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- The Guardians’ .249 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking 10th in MLB.
- The Guardians have an on-base percentage of .310 this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- The Guardians are the best at avoiding strikeouts in MLB this season with only 896 as a team.
- They’ve hit 37 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 60 home contests this season.
- In 60 home games this season, they’re slugging .360 with 143 hits going for extra bases.
- In 60 home games this season, they have a batting average of .245 while averaging 8.0 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has put up 136 hits, a team-high for the Guardians.
- Including all the qualified players in the big leagues, Ramirez’s batting average is 29th, his on-base percentage is 29th, and he is seventh in slugging.
- Ramirez heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Steven Kwan has a .369 on-base percentage to pace his team.
- Kwan is currently 18th in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage and 111th in slugging percentage among all qualified batters.
- Amed Rosario has put up a slugging percentage of .400, a team-high for the Guardians.
- Andres Gimenez has 22 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 25 walks while hitting .302.
Mariners vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers