Table of Contents
Jesus Aguilar will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when his Baltimore Orioles (70-61) play the Oakland Athletics (49-84) on Saturday at 7:05 PM ET. The Orioles are favored (-225) over the Athletics (+186). Baltimore’s Austin Voth and Oakland’s Adam Oller pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Orioles vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles average 1.0 home run per game to rank 15th in baseball with 137 total home runs .
- The Orioles’ .236 batting average ranks 21st in the majors.
- The Orioles rank 25th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .304.
- The Orioles strike out 8.7 times per game to rank 20th in the league.
- The Orioles have hit 61 homers at home this season (1.0 per game).
- The Orioles are slugging .393 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .243 with 497 hits (8.0 per game) at home this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Anthony Santander leads Baltimore in OBP (.335) and total hits (118) this season.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, Santander’s batting average ranks 77th, his on-base percentage ranks 62nd, and he is 40th in slugging.
- Cedric Mullins has an OPS of .729, fueled by an OBP of .326 and a team-best slugging percentage of .403 this season.
- Mullins’ batting average ranks 59th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 78th, and his slugging percentage 89th.
- Austin Hays is batting .253 with a .424 slugging percentage and 54 RBI this year.
- Ryan Mountcastle is batting .246 with a .294 OBP and 68 RBI for Baltimore this season.
- Mountcastle has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics’ 111 home runs rank 27th in MLB this season.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .216 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking last with an OBP of .280.
- The Athletics rank 15th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 whiffs per contest.
- In 67 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 71 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .372 in away games this season with 180 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.7 base hits per game and batting .227 on the road this season.
Athletics Key Batters
- Sean Murphy has an on-base percentage of .336, a slugging percentage of .445, and has 112 hits, all club-highs for the Athletics.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, Murphy is 75th in batting average, 59th in on-base percentage and 50th in slugging percentage.
- Seth Brown is batting .224 with 22 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 35 walks.
- Brown is 129th in batting average, 128th in on-base percentage and 79th in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Tony Kemp is batting .226 with 21 doubles, four home runs and 38 walks.
- Chad Pinder is batting .232 with 16 doubles, 10 home runs and 12 walks.
Orioles vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers