Table of Contents
Willson Contreras will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when the Chicago Cubs (56-76) square off against the St. Louis Cardinals (77-55) on Saturday at 7:15 PM ET. The Cubs are underdogs (+175) versus the Cardinals (-209). St. Louis has Adam Wainwright set to start, while Chicago will send out Drew Smyly.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals rank sixth in MLB play with 166 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Cardinals have the sixth-best batting average in the league (.258).
- The Cardinals are second in the league with a .330 on-base percentage.
- Cardinals batters strike out 7.7 times per game, the sixth-fewest strikeouts in the league.
- The Cardinals average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (82 total in home outings).
- The Cardinals are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .432 at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .257.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in OBP (.417), slugging percentage (.613) and total hits (155) this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, Goldschmidt is first in batting average, first in on-base percentage, and second in slugging.
- Nolan Arenado is hitting .305 with 36 doubles, a triple, 28 home runs and 42 walks.
- Among qualified hitters, Arenado ranks ninth in batting average, 20th in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging percentage.
- Tommy Edman has collected 126 base hits, an OBP of .319 and a slugging percentage of .398 this season.
- Edman enters this matchup with five games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .400 with three doubles, three home runs and seven RBI.
- Dylan Carlson is batting .243 with a .317 OBP and 39 RBI for St. Louis this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs have hit 134 homers this season, which ranks 16th in the league.
- The Cubs have a team batting average of .241 this season, which ranks 19th among MLB teams.
- The Cubs have the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.312).
- The Cubs rank 26th in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- In 66 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 72 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 66 road games this season, they’re slugging .389 with 200 hits going for extra bases.
- In 66 road games this season, they have a batting average of .233 while averaging 8.0 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has put up a slugging percentage of .454, a team-best for the Cubs.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, Happ ranks 35th in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage and 43rd in slugging percentage.
- Contreras’ 97 hits and .351 OBP are both team-highs.
- Including all qualified players, Contreras ranks 89th in batting average, 33rd in on-base percentage and 29th in slugging percentage.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .285 with 19 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 25 walks.
- Seiya Suzuki is hitting .261 with 21 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 35 walks.
Cardinals vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers