Table of Contents
Travis d’Arnaud leads the Atlanta Braves (82-51) into a matchup with the Miami Marlins (55-76) a game after he homered twice in an 8-1 win over the Marlins. The Braves are favorites (-196) against the Marlins (+163) in this outing, which starts at 7:20 PM ET on Saturday. Jake Odorizzi starts for Atlanta while Miami will counter with Edward Cabrera.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves average 1.5 home runs per game to rank second in MLB play with 201 total home runs.
- The Braves’ .253 batting average is eighth-best in MLB.
- The Braves’ .317 on-base percentage is 11th in the league.
- Braves batters strike out 9.3 times per game, the 29th-most in the league.
- The Braves average 1.5 homers per home game this season (107 total at home).
- The Braves have a .449 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .255 at home this season.
Braves Key Batters
- Austin Riley leads Atlanta with 148 hits, batting .290 this season with 72 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying batters in baseball, Riley is 22nd in batting average, 26th in on-base percentage, and fourth in slugging.
- Riley will look for his seventh straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last 10 outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, three home runs, six walks and nine RBI.
- Matt Olson has 41 doubles, 27 home runs and 62 walks while hitting .247.
- Among qualified hitters, Olson’s batting average ranks him 88th, his on-base percentage 72nd, and his slugging percentage 20th.
- Dansby Swanson leads Atlanta in slugging percentage (.443) powered by 47 extra-base hits.
- Swanson has recorded a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .200 with a double, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Ronald Acuna Jr. leads Atlanta with an OBP of .366 this season while batting .273 with 46 walks and 58 runs scored.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins rank 23rd in Major League Baseball with 116 home runs.
- The Marlins have a team batting average of just .229 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- The Marlins have an OBP of just .294 this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Marlins rank 23rd in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 63 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 67 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .359 in 67 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.7 base hits per game and batting .226 on the road this season.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas has accumulated an on-base percentage of .275, a slugging percentage of .322, and has 90 hits, all club-highs for the Marlins.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Rojas’ batting average puts him 124th, his on-base percentage ranks 136th, and he is 137th in slugging.
- Jon Berti has 14 doubles, two triples, three home runs and 34 walks while hitting .259.
- Garrett Cooper has 24 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 35 walks while batting .253.
- Joey Wendle has 19 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 13 walks while hitting .256.
Braves vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers