Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Phillies (73-59) visit the San Francisco Giants (62-68) on Saturday at 4:05 PM ET. The Phillies are favored (-122) against the underdog Giants (+102). Noah Syndergaard gets the starting nod for Philadelphia, and Jakob Junis is San Francisco’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Giants
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies average 1.2 home runs per game to rank seventh in MLB play with 164 total home runs.
- The Phillies are eighth in the majors with a .253 batting average.
- The Phillies are 15th in baseball with a .316 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies strike out 8.3 times per game to rank 14th in the league.
- The Phillies have hit 77 homers away from home this season (1.2 per game).
- The Phillies are averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .407 on the road.
- Away from home this season the team averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .249.
Phillies Key Batters
- Rhys Hoskins leads Philadelphia in OBP (.343) this season, fueled by 122 hits.
- Among all qualifying batters in baseball, Hoskins is 83rd in batting average, 46th in on-base percentage, and 29th in slugging.
- Hoskins hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in total hits (100) this season while batting .212 with 55 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified, Schwarber is 137th in batting average, 103rd in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging percentage.
- J.T. Realmuto has collected 109 base hits, an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .454 this season.
- Alec Bohm has an OPS of .732, fueled by an OBP of .326 and a team-best slugging percentage of .406 this season.
- Bohm has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .261 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants have hit 145 homers this season, which ranks 13th in the league.
- The Giants’ .233 batting average ranks 23rd in the league this season.
- The Giants have an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Giants rank 21st with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 74 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 67 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .398 in home games this season with 191 extra-base hits.
- In 67 home games this season, they have a batting average of .239 while averaging 7.8 base hits per contest.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores has accumulated a team-best OBP (.333) and slugging percentage (.422), and paces the Giants in hits (104).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Flores is 94th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 73rd in slugging percentage.
- Thairo Estrada is batting .260 with 19 doubles, two triples, 11 home runs and 24 walks.
- Estrada is 68th in batting average, 96th in on-base percentage and 89th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Joc Pederson is hitting .268 with 17 doubles, 21 home runs and 31 walks.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .206 with 23 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 52 walks.
Phillies vs. Giants Probable Pitchers