Table of Contents
The Pittsburgh Pirates (49-82) host the Toronto Blue Jays (71-59) on Saturday at 6:35 PM ET. The Pirates are underdogs (+141) against the favored Blue Jays (-166). Toronto’s Trevor Richards gets the start against Pittsburgh’s Roansy Contreras.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays rank ninth-best in baseball with 159 total home runs.
- The Blue Jays lead the majors with a .260 batting average.
- The Blue Jays rank fourth in the league with a .325 on-base percentage.
- The Blue Jays strike out 7.7 times per game, the fourth-fewest average in the league.
- The Blue Jays have hit 75 homers away from home this season (1.2 per game).
- The Blue Jays are slugging .419 with 3.2 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team averages 9.3 hits per game and is batting .261 away from home this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has 144 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .502, both of which lead Toronto hitters this season.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, Guerrero is 26th in batting average, 30th in on-base percentage, and 14th in slugging.
- Guerrero has recorded a base hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- George Springer has 17 doubles, three triples, 19 home runs and 42 walks while batting .263.
- Among all qualified, Springer ranks 60th in batting average, 54th in on-base percentage and 33rd in slugging percentage.
- Alejandro Kirk leads Toronto with an OBP of .380 this season while batting .293 with 52 walks and 52 runs scored.
- Bo Bichette has 18 home runs, 68 RBI and a batting average of .263 this season.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates’ 128 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of just .220 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Pirates have an on-base percentage of .286 this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- The Pirates rank 28th in strikeouts per game (9.3) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 59 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 63 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .360 in 63 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .222 with 7.2 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has put up an on-base percentage of .335, a slugging percentage of .453, and has 108 hits, all club-bests for the Pirates.
- Including all the qualified players in MLB, Reynolds’ batting average ranks 78th, his on-base percentage is 62nd, and he is 46th in slugging.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is hitting .242 with 20 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 40 walks.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Hayes is 102nd in batting average, 103rd in on-base percentage and 133rd in slugging percentage.
- Ben Gamel is hitting .243 with 18 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 36 walks.
- Michael Chavis is hitting .240 with 13 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 14 walks.
Blue Jays vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers