Table of Contents
Sportsbooks give the New York Mets (85-48) the edge (-445 on the moneyline) to add on to their three-game winning streak when they play the Washington Nationals (45-87), at +342, on Saturday at 7:10 PM ET. Max Scherzer starts for New York while Washington will counter with Patrick Corbin.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: SNY
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 16th in MLB action with 134 total home runs.
- The Mets’ .257 batting average is seventh-best in MLB.
- The Mets rank third in the league with an on-base percentage of .328.
- The Mets strike out 7.5 times per game, the fifth-best average in the league.
- The Mets average 1.0 home run per home game this season (64 total at home).
- The Mets have a .402 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .256 at home this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York with 133 hits, batting .270 this season with 55 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters, Alonso is 46th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 41st, and he is 12th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor has hit 21 homers this season while driving in 86 runs. He’s batting .267 this season.
- Among qualifying batters, Lindor’s batting average places him 53rd, his on-base percentage 44th, and his slugging percentage 54th.
- Starling Marte is batting .293 with a .472 slugging percentage and 63 RBI this year.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .268 with a .356 OBP and 46 RBI for New York this season.
- Nimmo enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .333 with two doubles, a triple and two RBI.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals’ 111 home runs rank 27th in MLB this season.
- The Nationals’ .247 batting average ranks 12th in the league this season.
- The Nationals have an OBP of .312 this season, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Nationals have shown patience at the plate this season with the third-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.4) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.7 home runs per game in their 63 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .371 in away games this season with 152 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .252 with 8.6 base hits per contest.
Nationals Key Batters
- Nelson Cruz is batting .235 with 16 doubles, 10 home runs and 47 walks.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Cruz’s batting average places him 117th, his on-base percentage ranks 97th, and he is 135th in slugging.
- Cesar Hernandez’s .309 slugging percentage leads his team.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Hernandez’s batting average places him 95th, his on-base percentage ranks 114th, and he is 141st in slugging.
- Keibert Ruiz is hitting .246 with 21 doubles, six home runs and 28 walks.
- Lane Thomas is hitting .237 with 20 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 27 walks.
Mets vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers