Table of Contents
Willson Contreras sits at 97 hits this season, and will look for his 100th when his Chicago Cubs (56-78) play the Cincinnati Reds (53-79) on Tuesday at 7:40 PM ET. The Cubs are favored (-175) over the Reds (+150). Chicago’s Wade Miley gets the start against Cincinnati’s Justin Dunn.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Reds
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 6, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs average 1.0 home run per game to rank 17th in MLB action with 134 total home runs .
- The Cubs are 19th in MLB with a .240 batting average.
- The Cubs’ .311 on-base percentage is 18th in the league.
- The Cubs strike out 8.8 times per game, the fifth-worst mark in baseball.
- The Cubs average 0.9 homers per home game this season (62 total at home).
- The Cubs are averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .391 at home.
- The club averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .249 at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in slugging percentage (.455) thanks to 53 extra-base hits.
- Among the qualifying hitters in baseball, Happ’s batting average ranks 35th, his on-base percentage ranks 34th, and he is 40th in slugging.
- Contreras leads the Cubs in OBP (.351) and total hits (97) this season.
- Contreras is 90th in batting average, 32nd in on-base percentage and 26th in slugging in the majors.
- Contreras has picked up a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .188 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .281 with a .396 slugging percentage and 47 RBI this year.
- Seiya Suzuki is batting .260 with a .332 OBP and 40 RBI for Chicago this season.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds’ 130 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- The Reds rank 16th in MLB with a .241 team batting average.
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .309 this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- The Reds rank 23rd with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 49 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 64 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .344 in 64 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .228 with 7.7 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer has racked up a team-high OBP (.323) and slugging percentage (.368), and leads the Reds in hits (108).
- Including all the qualifying players in the majors, Farmer is 69th in batting average, 81st in on-base percentage and 121st in slugging percentage.
- Jonathan India is hitting .265 with 14 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 20 walks.
- Nick Senzel has 12 doubles, four home runs and 26 walks while batting .242.
- TJ Friedl has six doubles, four triples, five home runs and eight walks while hitting .275.
Cubs vs. Reds Probable Pitchers