Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Phillies (73-61) have lost three straight games as they prepare to play the Miami Marlins (55-78), who have dropped seven straight. The Phillies are favored (-200) to end their streak in Tuesday’s outing, which starts at 6:45 PM ET at Citizens Bank Park. Aaron Nola gets the starting nod for Philadelphia, and Jesus Luzardo is Miami’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 6, 2022
- Game Time: 6:45 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies rank seventh in MLB play with 166 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- The Phillies rank eighth in the majors with a .253 batting average.
- The Phillies are 14th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .316.
- The Phillies’ 8.4 strikeouts per game rank 14th in baseball.
- The Phillies have hit 87 home runs at home this season (1.3 per game).
- The Phillies have a .431 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .256.
Phillies Key Batters
- Rhys Hoskins leads Philadelphia in OBP (.340) this season, fueled by 124 hits.
- Hoskins is 82nd in batting average, 51st in on-base percentage, and 33rd in slugging among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Hoskins has hit safely in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with three doubles, two walks and an RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in total hits (103) this season while batting .215 with 57 extra-base hits.
- Schwarber’s batting average ranks 135th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 99th, and his slugging percentage 18th.
- Schwarber enters this matchup looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .238 with a double, a triple, two walks and an RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto has collected 111 base hits, an OBP of .339 and a slugging percentage of .459 this season.
- Realmuto brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, a home run, three walks and six RBI.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia with a slugging percentage of .405, fueled by 32 extra-base hits.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins have hit just 116 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The Marlins have a team batting average of just .227 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- The Marlins have an on-base percentage of .293 this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The Marlins rank 23rd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 whiffs per contest.
- In 69 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 63 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .353 in away games this season with 170 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.6 base hits per game and batting .224 on the road this season.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas has accumulated 91 hits with a .276 on-base percentage and a .322 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Marlins.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Rojas’ batting average puts him 123rd, his on-base percentage ranks 136th, and he is 135th in slugging.
- Jon Berti has 14 doubles, two triples, three home runs and 34 walks while batting .259.
- Garrett Cooper is batting .250 with 24 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 35 walks.
- Joey Wendle is hitting .254 with 19 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 14 walks.
Phillies vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers