Table of Contents
The New York Mets (85-50) have lost two straight games as they prepare to square off against the Pittsburgh Pirates (49-84), who have fallen in four in a row. The Mets are favored (-205) to halt their streak in Monday’s outing, which starts at 12:35 PM ET at PNC Park. New York’s Taijuan Walker starts against Pittsburgh’s Mitch Keller.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Monday, September 5, 2022
- Game Time: 12:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets average one home run per game to rank 16th in baseball with 135 total home runs .
- The Mets have the seventh-best batting average in the majors (.256).
- The Mets’ .327 on-base percentage ranks third-best in the league.
- The Mets strike out 7.5 times per game to rank fourth in baseball.
- The Mets average 1.1 home runs per road game this season (70 total away from home).
- The Mets are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .415 away from home.
- The team is batting .258 with 598 hits (9.1 per game) on the road this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York with 133 hits, batting .266 this season with 55 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Alonso’s batting average ranks 49th, his on-base percentage ranks 44th, and he is 13th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor has 18 doubles, four triples, 21 home runs and 54 walks while hitting .264.
- Lindor is 58th in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage and 58th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Starling Marte has collected 136 base hits, an OBP of .345 and a slugging percentage of .468 this season.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .266 with a .352 OBP and 46 RBI for New York this season.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates’ 129 home runs rank 19th in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of just .219 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Pirates are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .286.
- The Pirates rank just 28th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.3 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 65 home contests this season.
- In 65 home games this season, they’re slugging .358 with 157 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.1 base hits per game and batting .220 as a team at home this season.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has accumulated a team-high OBP (.331) and slugging percentage (.447), while pacing the Pirates in hits (109).
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Reynolds is 79th in batting average, 68th in on-base percentage and 47th in slugging percentage.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 20 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 40 walks while hitting .242.
- Including all qualified players, Hayes is 101st in batting average, 101st in on-base percentage and 131st in slugging percentage.
- Ben Gamel has 18 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 37 walks while hitting .241.
- Michael Chavis is hitting .237 with 13 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 14 walks.
Mets vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers