Table of Contents
Aaron Judge brings a two-game home run streak into the New York Yankees’ (80-54) matchup with the Minnesota Twins (68-64). The Yankees are favored (-178) for this outing against the Twins (+150), which starts at 1:05 PM ET on Monday at Yankee Stadium. Jameson Taillon starts for New York, and Chris Archer is Minnesota’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Twins
- Game Day: Monday, September 5, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.5 home runs per game and have hit a league-leading 207 home runs in total.
- The Yankees’ .237 batting average ranks 20th in the majors.
- The Yankees rank fifth in the league with an on-base percentage of .321.
- The Yankees strike out 8.5 times per game to rank 16th in baseball.
- The Yankees average 1.7 homers per home game this season (109 total at home).
- The Yankees are averaging three extra-base hits per game while slugging .433 in home contests.
- The team averages 7.6 hits per game and is batting .234 at home this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Judge has 144 hits and an OBP of .401 to go with a slugging percentage of .674. All three of those stats are tops among New York hitters this season.
- Among all qualified batters in MLB, Judge ranks 13th in batting average, third in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Judge will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .444 with a double, three home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has 19 doubles, a triple, 30 home runs and 55 walks while hitting .225.
- Among qualifiers, Rizzo is 128th in batting average, 52nd in on-base percentage and 16th in slugging percentage.
- Rizzo has picked up at least one hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .231 with two home runs, two walks and two RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu has 118 hits this season and has a slash line of .262/.358/.381.
- Gleyber Torres has 18 home runs, 51 RBI and a batting average of .240 this season.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins have hit 154 homers this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Twins rank 12th in MLB with a .248 team batting average.
- The Twins have an on-base percentage of .319 this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- The Twins are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking 10th with an average of 8.2 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 63 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .406 in 63 road games this season.
- In 63 road games this season, they have a batting average of .246 while averaging 8.4 base hits per contest.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has a .380 on-base percentage and a .427 slugging percentage, both team-high averages for the Twins.
- Including all qualified players, Arraez is fourth in batting average, while his on-base percentage is ninth and he is 69th in slugging.
- Arraez brings a seven-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .244 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Carlos Correa has collected 110 hits to lead his team.
- Correa’s batting average is 43rd among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 29th, and he is 60th in slugging.
- Max Kepler is hitting .232 with 18 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 49 walks.
- Gio Urshela is batting .265 with 22 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 29 walks.
Yankees vs. Twins Probable Pitchers