Table of Contents
The New York Mets (85-50) visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (49-84) on Tuesday at 6:35 PM ET in a contest between a pair of teams on losing streaks. The favored Mets (-325) have dropped two games in a row, while the underdog Pirates (+270) have lost their last four. Taijuan Walker gets the starting nod for New York, and Mitch Keller is Pittsburgh’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 6, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets are 16th in MLB action with 135 total home runs.
- The Mets have the seventh-best batting average in the majors (.256).
- The Mets are third in baseball with a .327 on-base percentage.
- Mets batters strike out 7.5 times per game, the fourth-fewest strikeouts in the league.
- The Mets average 1.1 home runs per road game this season (70 total away from home).
- The Mets are slugging .415 with 3.2 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- Away from home this season the team averages 9.1 hits per game and is batting .258.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York in total hits (133) this season while batting .266 with 55 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, Alonso is 49th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage, and 12th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .264 with 18 doubles, four triples, 21 home runs and 54 walks.
- Among qualifiers, Lindor ranks 58th in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage and 58th in slugging percentage.
- Starling Marte has 136 hits this season and has a slash line of .292/.345/.468.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .266 with a .352 OBP and 46 RBI for New York this season.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates have hit 129 homers this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of just .219 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Pirates have an on-base percentage of .286 this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- The Pirates rank 28th in strikeouts per game (9.3) among MLB offenses.
- In 65 games at home this season, they’ve hit 60 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .358 in home games this season with 157 extra-base hits.
- In 65 home games this season, they have a batting average of .220 while averaging 7.1 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has accumulated 109 hits with a .331 on-base percentage and a .447 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Pirates.
- Including all the qualified players in MLB, Reynolds’ batting average is 79th, his on-base percentage is 67th, and he is 47th in slugging.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .242 with 20 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 40 walks.
- Hayes’ batting average is 101st among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 101st, and he is 131st in slugging.
- Ben Gamel is batting .241 with 18 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 37 walks.
- Michael Chavis is hitting .237 with 13 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 14 walks.
Mets vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers