Table of Contents
Jesus Aguilar has 98 hits this season, and will look for his 100th when the Baltimore Orioles (71-62) play the Toronto Blue Jays (73-59) on Monday at 1:05 PM ET. The Orioles are the underdog (+113) in this matchup with the Blue Jays (-134). Kevin Gausman starts for Toronto while Baltimore will counter with Mike Baumann.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Monday, September 5, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays average 1.2 home runs per game to rank ninth in MLB action with 160 total home runs.
- The Blue Jays’ .259 batting average is fourth-best in the majors.
- The Blue Jays are fourth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .325.
- The Blue Jays strike out 7.7 times per game, the fifth-best mark in the league.
- The Blue Jays average 1.2 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (76 total in road contests).
- The Blue Jays are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .415 away from home.
- The club averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .260 away from home this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads Toronto with 144 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .493.
- Among qualifying hitters, Guerrero ranks 32nd in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 40th, and he is 16th in slugging.
- George Springer is hitting .265 with 17 doubles, three triples, 19 home runs and 43 walks.
- Springer is 54th in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage and 36th in slugging in the majors.
- Alejandro Kirk leads Toronto with an OBP of .380 this season while batting .295 with 52 walks and 52 runs scored.
- Bo Bichette has 18 home runs, 71 RBI and a batting average of .266 this season.
- Bichette has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles rank 15th in Major League Baseball with 142 home runs.
- The Orioles rank 21st in MLB with a .236 team batting average.
- The Orioles have the 25th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.304).
- The Orioles rank 19th in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
- In 64 games at home this season, they’ve hit 66 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .397 in home games this season with 186 extra-base hits.
- In 64 home games this season, they have a batting average of .243 while averaging eight base hits per contest.
Orioles Key Batters
- Anthony Santander has 121 hits with a .336 on-base percentage, leading the Orioles in both categories.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Santander is 72nd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 58th and he is 37th in slugging.
- Santander takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a double, two home runs, three walks and two RBI.
- Cedric Mullins leads his team with a .409 slugging percentage.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Mullins’ batting average places him 58th, his on-base percentage is 78th, and he is 84th in slugging.
- Ryan Mountcastle has 24 doubles, 21 home runs and 31 walks while hitting .246.
- Austin Hays is hitting .251 with 30 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 27 walks.
Blue Jays vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers