Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs (57-78) host the Cincinnati Reds (53-80) on Wednesday at 7:40 PM ET. The Cubs are favored on the moneyline (-146) against the underdog Reds (+124). Chicago has Javier Assad starting, while Cincinnati counters with Mike Minor.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Reds
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 7, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs average 1.0 home run per game to rank 16th in MLB play with 136 total home runs .
- The Cubs’ .241 batting average ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Cubs are 17th in baseball with a .313 on-base percentage.
- The Cubs strike out 8.7 times per game to rank 21st in the league.
- The Cubs average 1.0 home run per game when playing at home this season (64 total in home contests).
- The Cubs have a .394 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .250 with 553 hits (8.3 per game) at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ leads Chicago with a slugging percentage of .459, fueled by 54 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, Happ’s batting average ranks 34th, his on-base percentage ranks 34th, and he is 40th in slugging.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .283 with 19 doubles, four triples, eight home runs and 26 walks.
- Among qualified hitters, Hoerner’s batting average places him 28th, his on-base percentage 64th, and his slugging percentage 89th.
- Seiya Suzuki has collected 89 base hits, an OBP of .336 and a slugging percentage of .425 this season.
- Christopher Morel is batting .248 with a .312 OBP and 38 RBI for Chicago this season.
- Morel heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .286 with a double, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds have hit 131 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- The Reds’ .241 batting average ranks 17th in the league this season.
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .309 this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- The Reds rank 24th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.9 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 65 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .343 in 65 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.6 base hits per game and batting .226 on the road this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer has an on-base percentage of .324, a slugging percentage of .381, and has 110 hits, all club-highs for the Reds.
- Including all qualified players in the majors, Farmer ranks 69th in batting average, 77th in on-base percentage and 115th in slugging percentage.
- Jonathan India is batting .262 with 14 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 21 walks.
- Nick Senzel has 12 doubles, four home runs and 26 walks while hitting .242.
- Albert Almora Jr. is batting .223 with 10 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 17 walks.
Cubs vs. Reds Probable Pitchers