Table of Contents
Spencer Strider will attempt to earn his 10th victory of the campaign when his Atlanta Braves (85-51) visit the Oakland Athletics (50-86) on Wednesday at 3:37 PM ET. The Braves are favored in the matchup (-240) against the Athletics (+197). Atlanta has Strider starting things off, and Oakland will send out Ken Waldichuk.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 7, 2022
- Game Time: 3:37 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves average 1.5 home runs per game to rank second in MLB action with 204 total home runs.
- The Braves have the eighth-best batting average in the league (.254).
- The Braves are sixth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .319.
- The Braves’ 9.3 strikeouts per game are the second-most in baseball.
- The Braves average 1.5 home runs per road game this season (95 total away from home).
- The Braves are averaging 3.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .443 on the road.
- Away from home this season the club averages 9.0 hits per game and is batting .253.
Braves Key Batters
- Austin Riley leads Atlanta in total hits (150) this season while batting .287 with 73 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified batters in the majors, Riley ranks 25th in batting average, 26th in on-base percentage, and fifth in slugging.
- Matt Olson is batting .247 with 41 doubles, 28 home runs and 66 walks.
- Among all qualified batters, Olson is 85th in batting average, 64th in on-base percentage and 18th in slugging percentage.
- Dansby Swanson leads Atlanta in slugging percentage (.439) powered by 48 extra-base hits.
- Michael Harris II is batting .307 with a .350 OBP and 51 RBI for Atlanta this season.
- Harris II enters this game on a 13-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .462 with five doubles, two home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics’ 116 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .217 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics have an OBP of just .281 this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- The Athletics rank 16th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 0.6 home runs per game in their 67 home contests this season.
- In 67 home games this season, they’re slugging .318 with 152 hits going for extra bases.
- In 67 home games this season, they have a batting average of .205 while averaging 6.5 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Sean Murphy has 114 hits with a .333 on-base percentage and a .445 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Athletics.
- Including all qualified hitters, Murphy is 75th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 64th and he is 51st in slugging.
- Murphy hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .158 with a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Seth Brown has 22 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 35 walks while hitting .227.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Brown’s batting average places him 125th, his on-base percentage ranks 126th, and he is 61st in slugging.
- Tony Kemp is hitting .227 with 22 doubles, four home runs and 39 walks.
- Ramon Laureano is hitting .224 with 17 doubles, 12 home runs and 25 walks.
Braves vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers