Table of Contents
Max Muncy leads the Los Angeles Dodgers (93-42) into a contest against the San Francisco Giants (65-69) after his two-home run performance in a 6-3 win over the Giants. The Dodgers are favored (-258) in this game against the underdog Giants (+211), which begins at 4:10 PM ET on Wednesday. Los Angeles’ Clayton Kershaw and San Francisco’s Alex Cobb pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Giants
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 7, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers are fourth in MLB action with 181 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Dodgers have the second-best batting average in the league (.260).
- The Dodgers have a league-best .336 on-base percentage.
- The Dodgers strike out 8.4 times per game to rank 13th in baseball.
- The Dodgers average 1.4 homers per home game this season (90 total at home).
- The Dodgers have a .468 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 8.8 hits per game and is batting .265 at home this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freddie Freeman leads Los Angeles with an OBP of .391, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .507.
- Among qualified hitters, Freeman ranks second in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks sixth, and he is 12th in slugging.
- Freeman will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is batting .316 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Mookie Betts has 134 hits, which ranks first among Los Angeles batters this season. He’s batting .280 with 68 extra-base hits.
- Betts is 30th in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage and fourth in slugging in MLB.
- Trea Turner has collected 167 base hits, an OBP of .349 and a slugging percentage of .479 this season.
- Turner enters this game with five games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with a double, a home run and four RBI.
- Will Smith has 21 home runs, 80 RBI and a batting average of .261 this season.
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants rank 13th in Major League Baseball with 153 home runs.
- The Giants rank 23rd in MLB with a .234 team batting average.
- The Giants have an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks 12th in the league.
- The Giants rank 22nd with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- In 65 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 78 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- They are slugging .385 in 65 road games this season.
- In 65 road games this season, they have a batting average of .227 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores has a team-high OBP (.330) and slugging percentage (.424), while leading the Giants in hits (107).
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Flores’ batting average is 95th, his on-base percentage is 71st, and he is 69th in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada’s .409 slugging percentage leads his team.
- Estrada’s batting average ranks 58th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 84th, and he is 82nd in slugging.
- Joc Pederson is hitting .268 with 17 doubles, 21 home runs and 32 walks.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .208 with 25 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 55 walks.
Dodgers vs. Giants Probable Pitchers