Table of Contents
Harold Castro is just two hits away from his 100th of the season as his Detroit Tigers (50-85) ready for a matchup against the Los Angeles Angels (60-76) on Wednesday at 4:07 PM ET. The Tigers are underdogs (+171) against the Angels (-207). Patrick Sandoval takes the mound first for Los Angeles, and Drew Hutchison is Detroit’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 7, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 10th in MLB action with 158 total home runs.
- The Angels have the fifth-worst batting average in the league (.228).
- The Angels rank 26th in baseball with a .294 on-base percentage.
- Angels hitters strike out 9.6 times per game, the most in the league.
- The Angels average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (89 total in home outings).
- The Angels are slugging .406 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .237 at home this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has 130 hits and an OBP of .358 to go with a slugging percentage of .533. All three of those stats are tops among Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, Ohtani’s batting average ranks 50th, his on-base percentage ranks 24th, and he is eighth in slugging.
- Mike Trout has 19 doubles, two triples, 31 home runs and 43 walks while hitting .275.
- Trout brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with a double, three home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Taylor Ward is batting .261 with a .436 slugging percentage and 49 RBI this year.
- Ward takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Luis Rengifo has been key for Los Angeles with 103 hits, an OBP of .304 plus a slugging percentage of .431.
- Rengifo brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with a triple, a walk and an RBI.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit just 80 homers this season, which ranks last in the league.
- The Tigers rank 26th in MLB with a team batting average of just .228.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .285.
- The Tigers rank just 26th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 40 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 67 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .323 in away games this season with 150 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.3 base hits per game and batting .218 on the road this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has totaled 106 hits with a .272 on-base percentage and a .369 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Tigers.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Baez’s batting average is 123rd, his on-base percentage is 140th, and he is 124th in slugging.
- Castro is batting .277 with 19 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 15 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .201 with 14 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 25 walks.
- Willi Castro is batting .242 with 17 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 14 walks.
Angels vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers