Table of Contents
The Seattle Mariners (77-59) host the Chicago White Sox (68-68) at 4:10 PM ET on Wednesday at T-Mobile Park. The Mariners are favored (-201) to break the 1-1 tie and take the series over the White Sox (+168). Seattle’s Luis Castillo and Chicago’s Michael Kopech will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 7, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners are 10th-best in MLB play with 158 total home runs.
- The Mariners have the 25th-ranked batting average in the league (.230).
- The Mariners are 17th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .313.
- The Mariners strike out 8.5 times per game, the No. 17 mark in the league.
- The Mariners have hit 70 homers at home this season (1.1 per game).
- The Mariners are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game while slugging .370 in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 7.1 hits per game and is batting .221.
Mariners Key Batters
- Julio Rodriguez leads Seattle with 125 hits, batting .268 this season with 46 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters, Rodriguez ranks 46th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 75th, and he is 26th in slugging.
- Ty France leads the Mariners with an OPS of .791. He has a slash line of .279/.345/.446 this season.
- Among qualified batters, France’s batting average places him 32nd, his on-base percentage 42nd, and his slugging percentage 50th.
- Eugenio Suarez is batting .231 with a .441 slugging percentage and 76 RBI this year.
- J.P. Crawford has been key for Seattle with 112 hits, an OBP of .334 plus a slugging percentage of .341.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 24th in Major League Baseball with 119 home runs.
- The White Sox have a team batting average of .260 this season, which ranks second among MLB teams.
- The White Sox have an on-base percentage of .316 this season, which ranks 13th in the league.
- The White Sox rank seventh in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.7 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 53 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 66 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .387 in 66 road games this season.
- They are averaging 9.4 base hits per game and batting .264 on the road this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu has racked up a team-high OBP (.384) and slugging percentage (.453), and paces the White Sox in hits (159).
- Including all qualifying players in the big leagues, Abreu is sixth in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage and 45th in slugging percentage.
- Abreu heads into this game on a 10-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .333 with three doubles, three walks and four RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn is batting .284 with 25 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 26 walks.
- Vaughn is 27th in batting average, 59th in on-base percentage and 46th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Luis Robert is batting .295 with 18 doubles, 12 home runs and 17 walks.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .245 with 28 doubles, 11 home runs and 33 walks.
Mariners vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers