Table of Contents
Bookmakers give the New York Mets (85-51) the edge, -240 on the moneyline, to break their three-game losing streak when they meet the Pittsburgh Pirates (50-84), at +190, on Wednesday at 12:35 PM ET. Chris Bassitt takes the mound first for New York, and Bryse Wilson is Pittsburgh’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 7, 2022
- Game Time: 12:35 PM ET
- TV Channel: SportsNet PT
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 16th in MLB action with 136 total home runs.
- The Mets’ .256 batting average is seventh-best in MLB.
- The Mets are third in baseball with a .327 on-base percentage.
- Mets hitters strike out 7.5 times per game, the fourth-fewest strikeouts in the league.
- The Mets average 1.1 homers per game when playing on the road this season (71 total in road contests).
- The Mets are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .414 away from home.
- The club averages nine hits per game and is batting .258 away from home this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso has 133 hits, which leads New York hitters this season, while batting .264 with 55 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Alonso’s batting average ranks 59th, his on-base percentage ranks 48th, and he is 13th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor leads New York in slugging percentage (.436) thanks to 43 extra-base hits.
- Lindor is 55th in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage and 57th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Starling Marte has collected 136 base hits, an OBP of .347 and a slugging percentage of .468 this season.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .266 with a .352 OBP and 48 RBI for New York this season.
- Nimmo has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with two doubles, a triple, a home run and four RBI.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates have hit 131 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of just .220 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Pirates have an on-base percentage of .287 this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- The Pirates rank 28th in strikeouts per game (9.3) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 62 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 66 home contests this season.
- In 66 home games this season, they’re slugging .361 with 160 hits going for extra bases.
- In 66 home games this season, they have a batting average of .223 while averaging 7.2 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has accumulated a team-high OBP (.336) and slugging percentage (.449), and paces the Pirates in hits (111).
- Including all the qualified players in the majors, Reynolds is 75th in batting average, 58th in on-base percentage and 46th in slugging percentage.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 20 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 41 walks while hitting .242.
- Hayes’ batting average is 101st among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 100th, and he is 131st in slugging.
- Ben Gamel has 18 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 38 walks while batting .238.
- Michael Chavis is hitting .235 with 13 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 14 walks.
Mets vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers