Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Rays (76-58) have a 2-0 series lead and will go for a sweep of the Boston Red Sox (67-70) on Wednesday at Tropicana Field. The Rays are favored (-157) against the underdog Red Sox (+135) in the matchup, which starts at 6:40 PM ET. Jeffrey Springs takes the mound first for Tampa Bay, and Nick Pivetta is Boston’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 7, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 22nd in baseball with 122 total home runs .
- The Rays’ .243 batting average ranks 15th in the majors.
- The Rays’ .311 on-base percentage is 18th in baseball.
- The Rays’ 8.7 strikeouts per game rank 21st in the league.
- The Rays average 0.9 homers per game when playing at home this season (65 total in home contests).
- The Rays are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .392 in home contests.
- The club is batting .243 with 548 hits (7.8 per game) at home this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz has 123 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .396.
- Among all qualifying batters in baseball, Diaz is 22nd in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage, and 70th in slugging.
- Diaz will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .313 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in slugging percentage (.461) and total hits (132) this season.
- Arozarena is 50th in batting average, 63rd in on-base percentage and 38th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Arozarena enters this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with three doubles, a home run and four RBI.
- Harold Ramirez has collected 104 base hits, an OBP of .366 and a slugging percentage of .437 this season.
- Ramirez heads into this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with two doubles, a walk and four RBI.
- David Peralta has 12 home runs, 51 RBI and a batting average of .257 this season.
- Peralta brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .313 with three doubles and two RBI.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox’s 130 home runs rank 19th in Major League Baseball.
- The Red Sox rank fourth in MLB with a .259 team batting average.
- The Red Sox have an on-base percentage of .319 this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- The Red Sox rank 22nd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.5 whiffs per contest.
- In 68 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 56 homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- They are slugging .381 in 68 road games this season.
- In 68 road games this season, they have a batting average of .247 while averaging 8.6 base hits per contest.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers is leading the Red Sox with 137 hits.
- Including all qualified hitters, Devers is 22nd in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 36th and he is 10th in slugging.
- Xander Bogaerts has a .382 on-base percentage while slugging .466. Both lead his team.
- Including all qualified players, Bogaerts is fourth in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage and 33rd in slugging percentage.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .286 with 34 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 34 walks.
- Tommy Pham has 19 doubles, a triple, 16 home runs and 50 walks while hitting .246.
Rays vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers