Table of Contents
Yan Gomes leads the Chicago Cubs (57-79) into a matchup with the Cincinnati Reds (54-80) after he racked up four hits in a 7-1 loss to the Reds. The Cubs are favored (-144) against the Reds (+123) in this outing, which begins at 2:20 PM ET on Thursday. Adrian Sampson starts for Chicago while Cincinnati will counter with Luis Cessa.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Reds
- Game Day: Thursday, September 8, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs average 1.0 home run per game to rank 17th in MLB action with 136 total home runs .
- The Cubs have the 16th-ranked batting average in the league (.241).
- The Cubs rank 17th in baseball with a .313 on-base percentage.
- The Cubs strike out 8.7 times per game, the No. 21 mark in the league.
- The Cubs average 0.9 homers per home game this season (64 total at home).
- The Cubs have a .394 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .251 at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has an OPS of .803, fueled by an OBP of .347 and a team-best slugging percentage of .456 this season.
- Among all qualified hitters in MLB, Happ ranks 37th in batting average, 38th in on-base percentage, and 40th in slugging.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .283 with 19 doubles, four triples, eight home runs and 26 walks.
- Hoerner’s batting average ranks 28th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 66th, and his slugging percentage 90th.
- Hoerner heads into this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .167 with a triple and a walk.
- Seiya Suzuki has collected 90 base hits, an OBP of .335 and a slugging percentage of .423 this season.
- Suzuki heads into this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Christopher Morel is batting .248 with a .312 OBP and 38 RBI for Chicago this season.
- Morel has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .214 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds rank 18th in Major League Baseball with 134 home runs.
- The Reds’ .241 batting average ranks 16th in the league this season.
- The Reds have the 21st-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.309).
- The Reds rank 23rd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.9 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 66 road contests this season.
- In 66 road games this season, they’re slugging .347 with 152 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.7 base hits per game and batting .227 on the road this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer has racked up a team-best OBP (.323) and slugging percentage (.379), and leads the Reds in hits (111).
- Farmer is 67th in batting average, 75th in on-base percentage and 115th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Farmer takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with a triple, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Jonathan India has 14 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 21 walks while hitting .261.
- Nick Senzel has 12 doubles, four home runs and 26 walks while batting .242.
- Jake Fraley is batting .243 with seven doubles, nine home runs and 19 walks.
Cubs vs. Reds Probable Pitchers