Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Dodgers (94-42) and the San Diego Padres (76-62) will look for another big outing from batters when the teams match up on Friday at 9:40 PM ET at PETCO Park. Max Muncy is riding a two-game home run streak for the favored Dodgers (-155), and Jake Cronenworth has also hit home runs in two consecutive games for the underdog Padres (+135). Los Angeles has Dustin May set to start, while San Diego will counter with Sean Manaea.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Padres
- Game Day: Friday, September 9, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers are fourth in MLB action with 183 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Dodgers have an MLB-leading .261 batting average.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers lead the league with a .337 on-base percentage.
- The Dodgers’ 8.4 strikeouts per game rank 13th in baseball.
- The Dodgers average 1.3 homers per game when playing on the road this season (91 total in road outings).
- The Dodgers have a .436 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.5 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club is batting .256 with 622 hits (9.0 per game) on the road this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freddie Freeman leads Los Angeles with an OBP of .394, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .507.
- Among qualified batters in MLB, Freeman’s batting average ranks second, his on-base percentage ranks fifth, and he is 12th in slugging.
- Freeman will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .389 with a double, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Mookie Betts leads Los Angeles with 135 hits. He is batting .280 this season and has 68 extra-base hits.
- Betts’ batting average is 29th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 35th, and his slugging percentage fourth.
- Trea Turner is batting .304 with a .478 slugging percentage and 91 RBI this year.
- Turner takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .209 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Will Smith is batting .261 with a .351 OBP and 80 RBI for Los Angeles this season.
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres have hit 129 homers this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- The Padres’ .241 batting average ranks 16th in the league this season.
- The Padres have an OBP of .320 this season, which ranks sixth in MLB.
- The Padres rank 12th in strikeouts per game (8.1) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 64 homers, an average of 1.0 per game, in 66 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .367 in 66 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .229 with 7.4 base hits per contest.
Padres Key Batters
- Juan Soto a has .406 on-base percentage to lead the Padres.
- Including all qualifying players in the big leagues, Soto ranks 95th in batting average, third in on-base percentage and 36th in slugging percentage.
- Manny Machado’s 146 hits and .530 slugging percentage both pace his team.
- Including all qualifying players, Machado ranks 15th in batting average, 19th in on-base percentage and eighth in slugging percentage.
- Josh Bell has 28 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 71 walks while batting .276.
- Jurickson Profar has 32 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 69 walks while batting .244.
Dodgers vs. Padres Probable Pitchers