Table of Contents
The Akron Zips (1-0) are in action on Saturday at 4:00 PM ET at Spartan Stadium versus the Michigan State Spartans (1-0).
The Zips are expected to lose by at least two TDs (currently +34.5) against the Spartans (with an over/under of 56 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Michigan State vs. Akron
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: BTN
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
- Stadium: Spartan Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Michigan State Betting Insights
- Michigan State won nine games against the spread last season, failing to cover or pushing four times.
- Last season, six Michigan State games went over the point total.
Michigan State Stats & Insights
- Michigan State racked up 7.7 fewer points per game (31.8) than Akron gave up (39.5) last season.
- Michigan State was 2-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall last season when the team notched more than 39.5 points.
- Last season Akron had a 3-0 record against the spread and a 2-1 record overall in games when it held opponents to less than 31.8 points.
- Michigan State averaged 37.1 fewer yards per game (429.5) than Akron allowed per contest (466.6) last year.
- Michigan State was 4-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall when the team piled up more than 466.6 yards last season.
- When Akron kept its opponents to fewer than 429.5 yards last season, it had a 3-1 record ATS and a 2-2 record overall.
- Michigan State rushed for 175.8 yards per game last year, 73.1 fewer than the 248.9 Akron allowed per outing.
- When Michigan State ran for over 248.9 yards last season, it had a 2-0 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record.
- Last year, Akron was 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall when holding opponents to less than 175.8 rushing yards.
- Michigan State turned the ball over 17 times last year, six more turnovers than Akron forced (11).
Michigan State’s Best Players
- Last year Payton Thorne produced 3,241 passing yards (249.3 per game), a 60.3% completion percentage, 27 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions. He also added 164 rushing yards on 82 carries with four rushing TDs (averaging 12.6 rushing yards per game).
- Last year Kenneth Walker III took 263 rushing attempts for 1,636 yards (125.8 per game) and scored 18 touchdowns.
- Jordon Simmons ran for 278 yards on 70 carries (21.4 yards per game) last year.
- In the previous season, Jayden Reed grabbed 59 passes (on 103 targets) for 1,026 yards (78.9 per game). He also found the end zone 10 times.
- Jalen Nailor produced last season, catching 37 passes for 695 yards and six touchdowns. He averaged 53.5 receiving yards per game.
- Tre Mosley hauled in 35 passes for 531 yards and three touchdowns, putting up 40.8 yards per game last year.
- Last season Jacub Panasiuk stacked up 7.0 sacks, 6.0 TFL and 38 tackles.
- Xavier Henderson went to work last year, collecting 90 tackles, 6.0 TFL, three sacks, and one interception.
- Cal Haladay intercepted two passes last year while also totaling 85 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and three passes defended.
Akron Betting Insights
- Akron went 5-7-0 ATS last season.
- Akron did not cover the spread when an underdog by 34.5 points or more last season (in two opportunities).
- In Akron games last season, combined scoring went over the point total six times.
Akron Stats & Insights
- Last year Akron scored 5.5 fewer points per game (19.8) than Michigan State surrendered (25.3).
- Akron was 3-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall in games when it recorded more than 25.3 points last season.
- Michigan State had a 3-0 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall in games when it allowed opponents to score fewer than 19.8 points last year.
- Akron averaged 97.5 fewer yards per game (344.3) than Michigan State gave up per contest (441.8) last year.
- Akron was 2-0 against the spread and 1-1 overall when the team amassed over 441.8 yards last year.
- In games Michigan State held its opponents to less than 344.3 yards last season, it had a 2-0-1 record ATS and a 3-0 record overall.
- Last year Akron racked up 127.3 rushing yards per game, 10.7 more than Michigan State allowed per contest (116.6).
- When Akron rushed for more than 116.6 yards last season it compiled a 3-3 ATS record and a 2-4 overall record.
- Michigan State was 7-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall when holding opponents to less than 127.3 rushing yards last year.
- Akron turned the ball over 16 times last season, four fewer times than Michigan State forced turnovers (20).
Akron’s Best Players
- Zach Gibson completed 69.4% of his passes to throw for 1,262 yards and 10 touchdowns last season.
- Jonzell Norrils averaged 47.8 rushing yards per game and accumulated three rushing touchdowns.
- Last season DJ Iron rushed for 289 yards. He also scored two total touchdowns.
- Konata Mumpfield was targeted 8.2 times per game and collected 751 receiving yards and eight touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- Michael Mathison averaged 57.2 receiving yards on 6.7 targets per game in 2021, scoring three touchdowns.
- Tristian Brank played his way to three receiving touchdowns and 269 receiving yards (22.4 ypg) last season.
- Last year Jeslord Boateng collected 1.5 sacks, 5.0 TFL and 69 tackles.
- A year ago Charles Amankwaa recorded 38 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and three passes defended as well as three interceptions.