Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Rays (77-58) visit the New York Yankees (83-54) on Friday at Yankee Stadium, starting at 7:05 PM ET. The Rays are favored on the moneyline (-182), while the Yankees are +143 underdogs, even though they are favored against the spread () with odds. Tampa Bay’s Drew Rasmussen and New York’s Frankie Montas will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Yankees
- Game Day: Friday, September 9, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays are 23rd in baseball with 122 home runs. They average 0.9 per game.
- The Rays have the 15th-ranked batting average in the league (.242).
- The Rays are 19th in the league with an on-base percentage of .311.
- The Rays strike out 8.7 times per game to rank 18th in baseball.
- The Rays have hit 57 homers on the road this season (0.9 per game).
- The Rays have a .378 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .243 on the road this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay with an OBP of .397 this season while batting .288 with 72 walks and 64 runs scored.
- Among qualifying batters in baseball, Diaz’s batting average ranks 22nd, his on-base percentage ranks fourth, and he is 69th in slugging.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay in slugging percentage (.461) and total hits (133) this season.
- Arozarena is 44th in batting average, 58th in on-base percentage and 34th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Arozarena has picked up at least one hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Harold Ramirez is batting .323 with a .432 slugging percentage and 51 RBI this year.
- David Peralta has 12 home runs, 51 RBI and a batting average of .255 this season.
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees have hit 213 homers to lead Major League Baseball this season.
- The Yankees’ .237 batting average ranks 20th in the league this season.
- The Yankees have an OBP of .321 this season, which ranks fifth in MLB.
- The Yankees rank 16th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.5 whiffs per contest.
- In 69 games at home this season, they’ve hit 116 homers, an average of 1.7 per contest.
- In 69 home games this season, they’re slugging .433 with 210 hits going for extra bases.
- In 69 home games this season, they have a batting average of .235 while averaging 7.6 base hits per contest.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge has accumulated an on-base percentage of .408, a slugging percentage of .684, and has 149 hits, all club-highs for the Yankees.
- Including all qualified hitters, Judge ranks 10th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks second and he is first in slugging.
- Gleyber Torres has 22 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 32 walks while hitting .237.
- Torres is currently 109th in batting average, 125th in on-base percentage and 72nd in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is hitting .269 with 19 doubles, three home runs and 27 walks.
- Giancarlo Stanton has six doubles, 24 home runs and 40 walks while batting .213.
Rays vs. Yankees Probable Pitchers